Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 6/24/22 - 7/01/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

All I wanted was some snack lol… I had to fight through the crowd just to get there…people are staking their spot all over the promenade… madness 

Do you reckon the difference you're seeing in crowding between this cruise and the one you did in May is mostly down to the schools being out now, or to Royal upping occupancy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Please help !!!  I don’t know the answer to this one but I am sure the gurus that lives around the area might know !!!

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Benny, I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who is on board with you and/or following the thread) know if the current 5 pm closing time at Kennedy Space Center is the normal (i.e. pre-Covid) closing time or if it would usually be open later than that? We'd like to go but with a 1 pm arrival time into PC it doesn't seem like we'd get long enough there for it to be worthwhile. :classic_sad:

I would not do it. We did the KSC a full day before our cruise. We spent over 6 hours. There is just to much to see and do in that short of time. Best thing to do is a cruise out of PC arrive twos early and give yourself a full day to see KSC.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Do you reckon the difference you're seeing in crowding between this cruise and the one you did in May is mostly down to the schools being out now, or to Royal upping occupancy?

I think they were upping occupancy last month too but this month the NE kids are out of school and will be out of school until Labor Day so I am seeing the full effect… I will not be on another Royal ship until September… my next cruise will be on NCL Jade to Greece in July / August

Day 4

Security incident update… from what I gathered I think something got flushed down the drain … maintenance/ security / officers just opened up the panel and took apart the drain and they are looking for something…

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I think they were upping occupancy last month too but this month the NE kids are out of school and will be out of school until Labor Day so I am seeing the full effect… I will not be on another Royal ship until September… my next cruise will be on NCL Jade to Greece in July / August

Interesting. Thanks. Trying to decide if we're better off going early May (fewer peeps but maybe dodgy weather), late May (better weather, more peeps) or hedge our bets and go mid-month (best or worst of both worlds)! :classic_laugh:

Not long now till that Greece cruise! :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would not do it. We did the KSC a full day before our cruise. We spent over 6 hours. There is just to much to see and do in that short of time. Best thing to do is a cruise out of PC arrive twos early and give yourself a full day to see KSC.

I really wish I could do as you suggest but I can't make the logistics work and since we're coming from across the pond who knows when or if we'll get another shot. Even though I know it's far from ideal, I'm kind of leaning towards grabbing the opportunity when I can. :classic_sad:

Of course if I win the lottery in the meantime... :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Interesting. Thanks. Trying to decide if we're better off going early May (fewer peeps but maybe dodgy weather), late May (better weather, more peeps) or hedge our bets and go mid-month (best or worst of both worlds)! :classic_laugh:

The first two Oasis cruise are usually less people … the last one in May is usually packed due to Memorial Day weekend.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If you're leaving out of New Jersey any time in May will have fewer kids than June - August.  Here in the Northeast schools don't let out until mid-June.  Further South kids get out earlier but I don't know how many families fly north to take a southern cruise.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The first two Oasis cruise are usually less people … the last one in May is usually packed due to Memorial Day weekend.

That's really helpful, thanks. Not being from the US, I tend to only notice holidays when there's a cruise planner sale! 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mewissy said:

If you're leaving out of New Jersey any time in May will have fewer kids than June - August.  Here in the Northeast schools don't let out until mid-June.  Further South kids get out earlier but I don't know how many families fly north to take a southern cruise.

Thanks. We're limited to May for work reasons, so that's good to know. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Please help !!!  I don’t know the answer to this one but I am sure the gurus that lives around the area might know !!!

According the their website they close at 6. I know its only a hour but its a little more time!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I really wish I could do as you suggest but I can't make the logistics work and since we're coming from across the pond who knows when or if we'll get another shot. Even though I know it's far from ideal, I'm kind of leaning towards grabbing the opportunity when I can. :classic_sad:

Of course if I win the lottery in the meantime... :classic_laugh:

how about this, If you go to KSC go on the bus tour that takes you Apollo and Saturn 5 exhibition. See the lunar module show than work your way back to the entrance by going to the space shuttle exhibit next. Those are the two most impressive things to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1