Retreat Check-In at Cape Liberty

trippe1075

Thanks for the information.   Was curious as to how crowded it was.   Been a couple years since we sailed from Port Liberty.    We have a 11:00 checkin time and wondering if we should show at 11 or closer to 11:30 -  don't need to be the first on the ship but looking for a more relaxed processing.

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the information.   Was curious as to how crowded it was.   Been a couple years since we sailed from Port Liberty.    We have a 11:00 checkin time and wondering if we should show at 11 or closer to 11:30 -  don't need to be the first on the ship but looking for a more relaxed processing.

I arrived at 12 and it wasn't very crowded,  although the ship is full this week. 5 minutes to get through security and we were checked in right away (Penthouse).  I do pick a later time because I want to avoid the early rush. 

5 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I arrived at 12 and it wasn't very crowded,  although the ship is full this week. 5 minutes to get through security and we were checked in right away (Penthouse).  I do pick a later time because I want to avoid the early rush. 

Thanks...  Our ship will be full also.    It's the Summit TA to Greenland/Iceland and has been sold out for 5-6 months but sporadic rooms open up with cancellations.    I think I will be plan like you did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks...  Our ship will be full also.    It's the Summit TA to Greenland/Iceland and has been sold out for 5-6 months but sporadic rooms open up with cancellations.    I think I will be plan like you did.

Jim, do you check in at Special Delivery? No placards any longer in Bayonne. Security will direct you where to unload.  Special Delivery (top suites, and also Zenith?) are Portal 6, the last one as you are driving in. 

36 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Jim, do you check in at Special Delivery? No placards any longer in Bayonne. Security will direct you where to unload.  Special Delivery (top suites, and also Zenith?) are Portal 6, the last one as you are driving in. 

Nope... Zeniths don't get Special Devilry unless in RS or PS.     Unfortunately the ship has been booked heavy an with constant looking was finally able to grab a Sky Suite.   I was on a waitlist for 3 months before one opened.    Last week about 8 opened up but not much more available.    The prices on this cruise are also really HIGH.     Sky Suite is about $20,000   ... on the 3rd cruise I was able to get a CS at only 2,000 more but  a PH opened up but was a bit steep at $30,000 so passed on it.

Edited by Jim_Iain

PH prices on Summit are ridiculously expensive but a RS is now more than the PH for our Canada cruise next year.  Last time we sailed out of Bayone I don't remember check in but there was a special area for suite guests at disembarkation. If anyone is looking for transportation to or from the port I can recommend Dial7 Limo service. (I think this is allowed to post.)

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

PH prices on Summit are ridiculously expensive but a RS is now more than the PH for our Canada cruise next year.  Last time we sailed out of Bayone I don't remember check in but there was a special area for suite guests at disembarkation. If anyone is looking for transportation to or from the port I can recommend Dial7 Limo service. (I think this is allowed to post.)

Would you recommend something like Dial 7 Limo as oppose to Lyft and Uber.   We are staying at an Airport Hotel so not a long distance and had decent prices of about $50 in the past.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would you recommend something like Dial 7 Limo as oppose to Lyft and Uber.   We are staying at an Airport Hotel so not a long distance and had decent prices of about $50 in the past.

We've never used Lyft or Uber.  We tried a few times and it never worked out. Transportation in NJ is expensive, we lived there years ago and it hasn't gotten any better. Even sailing from Fll we use a limo service from the airport to the hotel and then to the cruise. Taxi back to the airport.  I guess we just like to be pampered which is why we book suites.

• Like 1