Saver Fare Iona or pick cabin? Plus excursion costs?

Youstolemyname

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

No consistency with Saver and Select pricing.  My MSC Virtuosa cruise next Saturday gave me the option to pay an additional £150pp to go from a standard balcony to a de luxe balcony, choice of cabin midships on a higher deck, choice of dinner times and better experience with free delivered breakfast. I considered it to be a good price and paid it.

I must take a look at MSC for next summer

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

No consistency with Saver and Select pricing.  My MSC Virtuosa cruise next Saturday gave me the option to pay an additional £150pp to go from a standard balcony to a de luxe balcony, choice of cabin midships on a higher deck, choice of dinner times and better experience with free delivered breakfast. I considered it to be a good price and paid it.

I've twice done exactly the same thing on Virtuosa (not costing as much though).   Loved the latest cabin so much I've re-booked it for October.   I also booked my Iona cabin on a Select for next year.  Like to be somewhere mid-ships on any vessel, and especially on a Fjord cruise.   I would never opt to be "upgraded" as I suspect very few on a popular cruise would actually constitute such, and certainly wouldn't be happy to either book or be placed in one of those Iona / Arvia Deck 8 ones.

Edited by showingdiva

Thanks all. We booked deck 11 midship in the end, paying the extra to do so to avoid the random room allocation.

Now booking excursions and waiting for the speciality dining to open on 16 July for reservations too. Will do a full trip report!

Very excited for our first cruise

• Like 2