Upgrade Fairy Questions

kc13

Hi all! We keep getting the upgrade fairy emails for our MSC Seashore cruise next month. We are currently booked in a whirlpool suite. My question is they’re offering a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite or YC Grand Suite, do we get all the perks of the yacht club with that? I’ve never stayed in the yacht club before & we were looking forward to the whirlpool on our balcony with the WP suite. It’s my DS (7yo) first cruise. If we received the benefits of yacht club that may sway us.

TIA!

20 minutes ago, kc13 said:

Hi all! We keep getting the upgrade fairy emails for our MSC Seashore cruise next month. We are currently booked in a whirlpool suite. My question is they’re offering a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite or YC Grand Suite, do we get all the perks of the yacht club with that? I’ve never stayed in the yacht club before & we were looking forward to the whirlpool on our balcony with the WP suite. It’s my DS (7yo) first cruise. If we received the benefits of yacht club that may sway us.

TIA!

Yes you do get them all. I doubt your 7yo will like YC .

Remember, just because you can bid doesn't mean you will get it unless you bid max. Even then not guaranteed.

12 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes you do get them all. I doubt your 7yo will like YC .

Remember, just because you can bid doesn't mean you will get it unless you bid max. Even then not guaranteed.

Yeah, we were trying to weigh if we even wanted to chance it because we do like our cabin now. Thank you for the input. 

5 minutes ago, kc13 said:

Yeah, we were trying to weigh if we even wanted to chance it because we do like our cabin now. Thank you for the input. 

By the way, I was on Seashore b2b in December in YC and I could see those whirlpool suites from my balcony. Very cool!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Just to chime in, it's not really an upgrade "fairy" if you are bidding for an upgrades.   The fairy sprinkles her dust when you get upgraded by the cruiseline (for their own benefit)

On my first cruise, we were beyond thrilled to be told upon checkin that we were given a complementary "upgrade" by the cruise line.

Turns out, it wasn't really an upgrade at all, but just the same cabin on a higher floor and I think a worse location.  But we didn't know any better and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

As a side note, we were also invited to dine with the captain.  Hard to say why for sure, but my (then) GF was very attractive and had shiny new implants (not teeth), so guessing that factored into the invite.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 1