River Cruising

Bxianesq

2 hours ago, CJANDH said:

This is common practice in the USA for ocean cruises too. In today's low interest environment why would you turn down a 10% saving on a big expense. Better return than any bank.

I actually (sort of) did this with Amawaterways last year I paid off a cruise in February 2021 that I was pretty sure was going to get canceled in May...and it did...in order to get the 10% credit for them having to cancel it.  I then turned around and used that credit later in the year.

2 hours ago, CastleCritic said:

I actually (sort of) did this with Amawaterways last year I paid off a cruise in February 2021 that I was pretty sure was going to get canceled in May...and it did...in order to get the 10% credit for them having to cancel it.  I then turned around and used that credit later in the year.

But with Scenic (and possibly others) this is a regular offer.  Book really early and get the early bird discount, plus pay in full 1 year out and get an additional 10% discount.  The comparative charts on that other website don't show this for Scenic, and therefore make it seem more expensive than it can be.

Plus with Scenic you may have noticed several regular cruisers mentioning ‘Gold, Platinum, Diamond or Emerald levels. Achieved by the number of times you have cruised with them it not only means extra benefits but in some instances interesting charges. Okay we are Diamond and the rate we’re going I’m going to be really over the hill to get to Emerald but ever hopefull!