Move Up offer before final payment due

NeroliGirl

I've just received a Move Up email for a cruise sailing in September - we haven't even paid the final payment yet! Does this seem a little early to you? Has anyone else received the Move Up email before they have made their final payment on their original cabin assignment?

I’ve only received a move up offer after final payment and much closer to the sailing date.  I have a cruised booked at the end of Sept and would be surprised if I saw a move up offer before Mid August.  
Wondering if your sailing has a lot of empty cabins or perhaps a lot of guarantee cabins booked and X is trying to maximize revenue and/or allowing customers to pay to move up before the guarantee cabins get assigned.  

The sailing looks to be pretty busy - Inside/OceanView sold out, one Veranda cabin left, around 40 Concierge and one Aqua. Maybe they are expecting a slew of cancellations of the higher-end cabins and suites. 

You actually received an invitation to make a Move Up offer.  Yes, it's a picky point, but a real one.  If you are able to participate in Move Up, you can pretty much make the offer whenever you want.  Since it sounds like this particular sailing is filling up, they are more than happy to have folks start making offers!

In recent time Celebrity has been sending out invitation to bid out much earlier than in the past.   I don't recall anyone saying their bids had been accepted prior to Final Payment.    I've bid on many in the 60-75 day range and was awarded upgrades between 48 hours to 10 day prior to sailing. 

I think they are using it as a way to balance passenger load and possibly to upgrade Inside and Ocean Views so they can drop the prices of these cabins without having to give price matches (reducing revenue).