Cruise Vets - What are some items to pack you would NEVER leave home without???

joecool234

Other than obvious clothing, toiletries, meds, my initial thought was not too many things really stand out that I would not leave home without.  Charge cords for electronics.  The reusable water bottle which has replaced disposable plastic water bottles.   My Kindle reader. Sun glasses.   When lengthy flights are involved, a noise cancelling headset.  Also seems we always keep a list of key addresses & contact info (helpful if I don't speak the language).  Though that is typically on the iPhone.   

• Like 1

Besides my passport, phone  and a few diverse credit cards I carry a fully charged battery pack for said phone.  My phone has all of the info I need.    I can pretty much go anywhere with those items.  I only worry about the bad outcomes, I worry now, figure out a protocol and go have fun 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Besides my passport, phone  and a few diverse credit cards I carry a fully charged battery pack for said phone.  My phone has all of the info I need.    I can pretty much go anywhere with those items.  I only worry about the bad outcomes, I worry now, figure out a protocol and go have fun 

I think it is also how people are wired.  On one end are those who like to get down into the weeds.  On the other end are those concerned with just the big picture.  Whatever the approach one takes, if it makes you happy, then it is good.  

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I think it is also how people are wired.  On one end are those who like to get down into the weeds.  On the other end are those concerned with just the big picture.  Whatever the approach one takes, if it makes you happy, then it is good.  

Of course, it is all opinion.  I traveled for a living and our failsafe was “there is always Walmart”and yes twice we forgot the luggage so three weeks and the road with a Walmart wardrobe (unfortunately was not tax deductible except for the donation to the goodwill)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Of course, it is all opinion.  I traveled for a living and our failsafe was “there is always Walmart”and yes twice we forgot the luggage so three weeks and the road with a Walmart wardrobe (unfortunately was not tax deductible except for the donation to the goodwill)

Thinking back to the basics I've neglected to pack for various business trips is kind of embarrassing.   Additionally, it is always fun when one packs for an overnighter that turns into a two day meeting.   

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 2:41 PM, ldubs said:

Additionally, it is always fun when one packs for an overnighter that turns into a two day meeting.  

Bob traveled to Sao Paolo Brazil and wore elastic waist, plaid pants and a coordinating tee. His bag didn't make it until the following day. He was the only one not in a suit 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clo said:

Bob traveled to Sao Paolo Brazil and wore elastic waist, plaid pants and a coordinating tee. His bag didn't make it until the following day. He was the only one not in a suit 🙂

It happens.  I recall a meeting where a guy was wearing a sweatshirt for the same reason.  Fortunately it was an internal meeting. 

BTW, "coordinating" sounds like an outfit.  I'm not sure I have anything that would be considered "coordinating" or an "outfit" when it comes to clothes.  😄

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

BTW, "coordinating" sounds like an outfit.  I'm not sure I have anything that would be considered "coordinating" or an "outfit" when it comes to clothes.  😄

I remember they were like Madras pants and a solid red top. Actually, cruise-related, things like that became his 'lounge wear' when in ship cabins/hotel rooms. Keep the nicer clothes in better shape.

• Like 1