NCL pre cruise Land Tour

retired714

We are supposed to be starting a pre cruise land tour on July 19. Yesterday I talked to my TA and she confirmed that she does not have my reservation to get to Fairbanks to start the tour. Today her manager called and said my TA had been on the phone 4 hours with Norwegian Air and no reservation yet. An hour ago, Norwegian air called me and wanted to know where I was trying to fly since I live in Seattle, where I get the ship. Norwegian definitely has me on the land tour. What should I have done different so Norwegian Air would have known where I needed to fly? I thought the pre and post cruise land tours are not that unusual? Right now, I am very concerned about this whole fiasco and how we will be taken care of during the 4 days we are in Alaska. Is this a “normal” problem? Lots of people say these land tours are wonderful. Well, except for the ones that say it is difficult to find places to eat dinner. And now this.

Sorry you are having issues with airfare - I have a cruise on July 11 and only got my flights 2 weeks ago - they are really cutting it short, although it sounds as if they completely dropped the ball on yours.  Nothing you could have done, other than call your TA.

Yes, the land tours are wonderful - at least the one I took a few years back.  Except as noted, possibly finding a place to eat. Mine started in Anchorage, ship was Seward to Vancouver but I didn't use NCL air. The tours are contracted by NCL, just like excursions, so not NCL employees.  We had a small group, a big bus so plenty of room.  The bus driver & the tour guide were great!

• Like 1

@retired714

I commiserate with you and really can't help you with your problem.

A couple of things we came across when we were in Alaska.

We trained from Anchorage to Fairbanks and then flew back.

If you are hoteling in Fairbanks make sure to tell the hotel that you want to be woken up if the Aurora is visible.

If you want a place to visit go to the Morris Thompson Cultural & Visitors Center absolutely brilliant.

When we went to check in for the flight we expected, as in the USA or Canada to have to pay for luggage.   "No Sir, this is Alaska, you are allowed 4 pieces, each!!"

• Like 1