Viking's all over the Tour de France!

longterm

I know it's not for everyone, but watching the Tour de France is an annual treat for me; this year Viking is a major sponsor, and it's great to see all the shots of one of the river ships making its way down what I'm guessing is the Rhine.

The crowds are definitely back; not a mask in sight and thousands of people lining the roads. I would love to be on the side of the road as the pelaton goes by, if I could then magically get transported back to a Viking ship, a nice dinner, and a great mid-afternoon nap. 

Vive le Tour!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, longterm said:

I know it's not for everyone, but watching the Tour de France is an annual treat for me; this year Viking is a major sponsor, and it's great to see all the shots of one of the river ships making its way down what I'm guessing is the Rhine.

The crowds are definitely back; not a mask in sight and thousands of people lining the roads. I would love to be on the side of the road as the pelaton goes by, if I could then magically get transported back to a Viking ship, a nice dinner, and a great mid-afternoon nap. 

Vive le Tour!

Also a big fan of the Tour.  Actually got to see the finish in Paris when Floyd Landis won it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, longterm said:

I know it's not for everyone, but watching the Tour de France is an annual treat for me;

Vive le Tour!

Same here.  I enjoy watching European cycling.  Many of my friends and relatives think that it's just boring.  But then again, they watch golf.

I haven't had the opportunity to see a TdF stage, but years ago, my wife and I had the opportunity to see the finish of a Giro d'Italia stage in Genoa.  The route ended with 4 laps around the city, so we got to see the peleton pass by 4 times before the sprint finish.  Impressive stuff.

• Like 1