Greenwich departure address?

SempreMare

8 hours ago, cooee said:

Our local taxi firm and driver were not familiar with the exact location and our journey summary (received a few days before leaving) did NOT include a post code.

Exactly!!!  

I couldn’t find the departure information anywhere in all my paperwork Or anywhere online.

I was visualizing Getting a taxi driver that wasn’t sure or didn’t already magically know.

That was why I started this topic to begin with!!

8 hours ago, cooee said:

The ‘chat’ line couldn’t find one and then gave us the one for North Greenwich Pier!

Wow. Amazing that the Viking chatline gave you the wrong information for something so critical like departure location. 

For anyone who starts reading this thread here with this reply:

the correct departure location is the “Greenwich Pier” 

(near the Cutty Sark) 

not not not the North Greenwich pier (near the big round building named 02) 

The other part of your post is extremely helpful to me personally. Given there is 100 to 200 yards or so of pedestrian only area between

1) where cars can drive 

2) The official check in office temporarily located in the city cruises building building 

I was picturing my driver would need to park in order to help me with luggage. ( shoulder injury. I can not currently  handle luggage except my carry-on that I’ll already have)

if what you @cooeesaid happens before my cruise ( Viking staff in high viz jackets taking luggage where the taxis stop ) my driver won’t need to park in a nearby garage first!  Yay. 

———

It would be awesome to hear peoples experiences with when (what time in the morning ) those luggage handlers first arrive for a typical Viking cruise.  then I could plan what time to schedule the taxi transfer from Hotel.

booked in a penthouse junior suite so am aware I could get room access starting at 11 AM.

From what other people posted so far in this thread I would guess the luggage handlers would appear by at least 10:30 AM. 

So leaving my west end (One Aldwych) London hotel at 10:00 seems reasonable.     If it’s not raining, I don’t mind waiting at all.  

“hope for the best, plan for the worst”   Planning means it will be raining hard and I won’t want to be outside with luggage for too long. 

However, if I knew it luggage handlers would start receiving luggage at 10:00AM, I would  leave my hotel at 9:30 AM  so that I could  spend more time inside the royal observatory and national maritime museum

Edited by SempreMare

Note that I believe both the observatory and maritime museum don't open until 10AM. 

Since I think they will be offloading the previous cruise personnel and everyone is normally allowed to board at 11AM, it. seems very likely the Viking staff will be there by 10.

• Like 2