Noordam Cruisers..Grand Turk?

pcboston

Hi all,

I read somewhere on these boards that the new Noordam just made its maiden voyage and that it was the first ship to stop at the new dock in Grand Turk. I wonder if some of you who have just come back could share some information on this port. How did you like it, how are the beaches, etc? There are a few ships that will be starting to go there, I am on one this Spring..so would be grateful to learn more about what to expect here. I'm trying to decide if we should take a shore tour with the cruise line or just a taxi to Governor's beach...I understand there is a beach at the port and wonder how that is. Also wondering if taxis will be readily available like they are at other ports. Thanks for any information you can share.

They're not back yet. There are, however, plenty of threads about the Noordam. I suggest you look for RevNeal's thread of live reports. He posted about the stop. You can also ask questions right in that thread. He'll be happy to answer (she says confidently :rolleyes: ).

Thanks to everyone for the quick reply. I didn't know they weren't back yet. I'll check RevNeal's posting and I did look at that web site. It sounds pretty good but the best advice is from the people who have been there. Happy sails to all..................

We sail on the Noordam on March 15 and have the same questions about Grand Turk. So will be anxious to hear.

I could be very mistaken but I think I read somewhere that HAL has their own island(name escapes) me that you can go to.

However, I just want to go there and not do an excursion per say just relax on the beautiful(so it was said) beach. Have no idea if you can do just that.

I sure hope some posts something before we sail.:confused: :)

HAL's private island Half Moon Cay is wonderful to do just that, you get off the tender, walk just a bit and you are on a BEAUTIFUL white sand beach. It is one of our FAVORITE stops. No taxis or shopping just relaxation!!!!!

lyndaedris,

Have you joined our roll call for the Noordam March 15th? Take a look, we have a large group meeting first sea day on board.

We are not going to Half Moon Cay, HAL's private island, but Turks sounds great. It seems pretty easy to just get off the ship and walk over to the beach with pool and cabanas. There is a photo of the Noordam docked there on this board labeled something like "Picture of Noordam in Turks".

Archived