No Refund For Cancelled Shore Excursion

catbirdmini

My husband and I took a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine from Charleston, SC, on March 14-19, 2022.  We had purchased a shore excursion for March 17 on the day we were to be in Princess Cays.  When we got to the island, there was no one to meet us.  So we went to the information desk to inquire.  The Carnival representative told us that the excursion, a coastal cruise of the island, had been cancelled.  However, we never received a refund from Carnival.  Did anyone else have this experience?

• Like 1

Wrong forum. This is a Princess forum. You want a Carnival forum. Carnival Corporation (CCL) owns both Carnival Cruise Lines and Princess Cruise Line (as well as a number of other cruise lines. Not trying to be rude,  just pointing out that you really should be posting this in a different place in order to reach the folks who cruised on the same line.

Sorry this happened to you but you aren't likely to get the answers you are looking for in this forum. I will ask the mods to move this post to the proper place so you will have a better chance of meaningful replies.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, catbirdmini said:

My husband and I took a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine from Charleston, SC, on March 14-19, 2022.  We had purchased a shore excursion for March 17 on the day we were to be in Princess Cays.  When we got to the island, there was no one to meet us.  So we went to the information desk to inquire.  The Carnival representative told us that the excursion, a coastal cruise of the island, had been cancelled.  However, we never received a refund from Carnival.  Did anyone else have this experience?

What did Carnival say when you inquired about this?

On 7/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, catbirdmini said:

Did you look at your onboard account, they usually apply it there and not as a refund to the card that you charged it too.