Strange Denmark question

We will be cruising from Copenhagen next month. We always take the little flavored creamer pods with us because we don’t like actual cream or milk in our coffee. I was checking prohibited items for Denmark and it specifies milk or milk products. The creamer contains “less than 2% of sodium caseinate, a milk derivative”. Does anyone know if this would therefore not be permitted to bring in to the country? I guess I could contact the Danish Embassy for advice but thought maybe someone here might have taken this item into the country.

I do not know exactly which product you are talking about but in my best belief it is not a dairy product
Dairy products are a collective term for the products obtained by processing milk typically in a dairy: whole milk with varying fat content, cream, yogurt, ymer, cheese, cream and similar products.

9 minutes ago, hallasm said:

I do not know exactly which product you are talking about but in my best belief it is not a dairy product
Dairy products are a collective term for the products obtained by processing milk typically in a dairy: whole milk with varying fat content, cream, yogurt, ymer, cheese, cream and similar products.

I thought that considering the creamers to be actual milk products would be a stretch, but it was the “milk derivative” that I wasn’t sure of since I don’t know how strict an interpretation was being applied. FYI, I did email the Embassy in Washington, DC. for clarification, but I would suspect that you are correct. I just wanted to be sure and not rely on my own opinion. Thank you.

Edited by linkerbink

1 hour ago, linkerbink said:

I thought that considering the creamers to be actual milk products would be a stretch

I didn’t mention ‘creamers’ .

In a Danish context cream is milk with a high content of fat - normally used for ‘whipped cream’

Just my assumption, but I believe the prohibition on milk products is designed to protect the local dairy herds from imported diseases.  Something as heavily processed as sodium caseinate should pose no disease risk.

• Like 1