WORLD EUROPA - DUBAI - MARCH 25, 2023

I seen this cruise and booked it as I like the itinerary.  I've been on cruises to Dubai in the past (Suez Canal), but now that Saudi Arabia is one of the cruise ports, I am excited about it.  I will be joining my daughter, her husband and my two grandsons (ages 11 and 8).

I'm from Yellowknife (northern Canada) and my daughter and her family are from Calgary, Alberta.

Chat later,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

• NWT Cruiser changed the title to WORLD EUROPA - DUBAI - MARCH 25, 2023

Well good day my Canadian friends.  We booked this after 2 similar sailings cancelled.  We booked almost a year ago now. Looking forward.  Total of 6 of us - all from Ontario.  Already booked flights with Etihad to Abu Dhabi  then  taxi to Dubai.  Staying  4 nights prior - then fly home when ship docks in Barcelona.   

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, marcoigna said:

Well good day my Canadian friends.  We booked this after 2 similar sailings cancelled.  We booked almost a year ago now. Looking forward.  Total of 6 of us - all from Ontario.  Already booked flights with Etihad to Abu Dhabi  then  taxi to Dubai.  Staying  4 nights prior - then fly home when ship docks in Barcelona.   

Hello to all of you;

I am flying from Yellowknife to Vancouver and then through Delhi to Dubai (Air Canada/Air India).  Will spend 3 nights in Dubai.  My daughter and family are flying from Calgary (I don't know what routes) but are flying to Cairo for 3 nights beforehand and will meet up with me in Dubai.  We still haven't confirmed which hotel to book ... I was booked at Dusit Thani in the past (very near to Burj Khalifa) but it's all sold out.  I checked other booking sites and this particular hotel are sold out for the days we need them.  We're only booked to Rome and will disembark then.  Easier for me to catch my flight rather than going into Portofino.  My daughter and family will also disembark in Rome but will fly to Morocco for 3 nights, then to Paris for a couple nights and back to Calgary.  I was just in Spain in April/May so continuing on to Barcelona wasn't an option for me.  I am still working and need to save some of my annual leave.  lol

I'm trying to get ahold of MSC (on the phone) to ask if they would do a "blanket visa" for our port in Saudi Arabia, but the lines are busy and I don't want to be put on hold for more than 1/2 hour ... I've tried umpteen times and I hang up after my 1/2 hour on hold.  lol  I also sent them an email with this question, but have not received a reply.

Happy to hear of other Canadians on this roll call.

Cheers,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

On 7/12/2022 at 6:05 PM, HSBC said:

Do you need to apply  visa to Saudi Arabia?

Thanks!

Hello fellow Canadian; 

I'm trying to get ahold of MSC (on the phone) to ask if they would do a "blanket visa" for our port in Saudi Arabia, but the lines are busy and I don't want to be put on hold for more than 1/2 hour ... I've tried umpteen times and I hang up after my 1/2 hour on hold.  lol  I also sent them an email with this question, but have not received a reply.

By the way, where are you from in Canada?  I'm from Yellowknife, NT.

Chat later,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

I emailed MSC re a Saudi visa and this is the response I received:

"Good afternoon Frances,

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises Canada.

It’s every guest’s responsibility to apply for the required documents to travel to all destinations.

MSC Cruises does not apply for passenger’s visa.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Marc-Antoine San Luis

MSC Cruises Consultant"

MSC Cruises Canada Ltd.

2810 Matheson Blvd E

Mississauga ON L4W 4X7

Phone: +1-833-253-9978

Visit our website: msccruises.ca

Learn more about our environmental stewardship practices: https://www.msccruises.ca/about-msc/sustainability

Discover our media centre: www.mscpressarea.com

Visit our consumer website: www.msccruises.ca

• Like 1

Looks like more Canadians on this trip. My wife and I will be boarding in Dubai and finishing in Marseille. We are Canadians however have been living in the US for 25 years, currently living in Myrtle Beach S.C. We also have a condo on Lake Ontario in Grimsby, Ontario for the summers. This will be our first MSC Cruise after having 2 past trips cancelled due to Covid. We will be flying to Frankfurt with a 3 day layover and then on to Dubai a few days before sailing. Ship looks terrific, looking forward to a great cruise. 

Looks very easy for a Visa for Saudi Arabia.  Special cruise ship visa

https://www.saudiarabiaonlinevisas.com/e-maritime-visa-cruise-tourists/amp/

MSC Canada response to you is useless @NWT Cruiser- they are never helpful and seem to just follow a script, instead of at-least guiding you in the right direction.    However they seems to know the rules suddenly when checking in.  😳😳😳. Just sayin.  My opinion. 

Edited by marcoigna

On 7/19/2022 at 1:54 PM, marcoigna said:

Looks very easy for a Visa for Saudi Arabia.  Special cruise ship visa

https://www.saudiarabiaonlinevisas.com/e-maritime-visa-cruise-tourists/amp/

Thanks for the link.  I should have posted the link that I had also googled, which I believe is the same one you are looking at.

https://www.saudiarabianevisa.com/e-maritime-visa/

I see it in American dollars and when I look at the value of our Cdn dollar to U.S., it looks like the visa will cost approx. $195 per person Cdn.  That's pretty steep considering Saudia Arabia is trying to boost their tourism sector and we're only there 10 hours.  But, all this aside, I'll get my evisa since I would love the opportunity to go into SA.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:49 PM, bridlewood said:

Looks like more Canadians on this trip. My wife and I will be boarding in Dubai and finishing in Marseille.

Yay, great to see more Canadians booking this cruise.  Sounds like you have a great life avoiding the winters by having a home in Myrtle Beach and also in southern Canada.  I'm living way up north and the winters are long and cold.

Chat later,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry we are not Canadian🤣 but we just booked this cruise from Doha. We live in the US in Florida. There are many Canadians here. We are looking forward to this cruise. The itinerary looks very interesting. Hope we will get a chance to meet all of you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to let you all know that plans have changed ... not sailing on this particular sailing.  My daughter and her family are still sailing with MSC (Cairo to Saudi Arabia) and will fly to Dubai to meet up with me.  We will then drive to  Abu Dhabi and stay a couple nights and fly to Athens where we are booked on a 9 night cruise with Norwegian (from Athens into Israel, Cyprus, Greece & Turkey and return back to Athens).

I had my heart set with this cruise, but it didn't work out.  Saudi Arabia back on the bucket list for me.

Cheers,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

• 3 weeks later...

We are also from Florida and have booked this cruise. The itinerary looks interesting and the lure of a brand new ship made us decide to give it a try. We get on in Dubai and off in Genoa--waited too long and then couldn't get a balcony into Rome but will figure it out. Haven't tried to get flights yet. Are debating where else we may want to travel to while over there. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Hi everyone,

we are Mike and Rini from Singapore.  …..Mike was originally Canadian but we are retired and have settled down in this beautiful city which we love.    We enjoy cruising and generally do 3-4 a year mostly on Celebrity. I generally spend an enormous amount of time researching shore excursions to get the best coverage and value as the ship excursions are sometimes too overpriced and inadequate.

looking at the meager offer from MSC in Abu Dhabi, I have zeroed in on a very interesting full day private tour from a reputed agent….well priced and excellent coverage,

I am posting the itinerary…..we need at least 8 people to get the best quote……please do email rini47@hotmail.com if you are interested in joining

regards

rini

• Like 1

ABU DHABI.   PRIVATE. FULL DAY TOUR…..8 hrs 

Pickup from cruise terminal at 09 am

ITINERARY

Grand Mosque of Zahed with its finest classic Islamic architecture

Heritage Village.  …to identify the difference between old  and modern urban lifestyle

Emirates Palace hotel…originally a magnificent royal palace …now a luxurious hotel

Drive past Presidential palace for a photo stop at Corniche

Saadiyat Island…location of Louvre museum showcasing a number of best art pieces representing global heritage

Bab Al Bahrain souq for a quick shopping stop

Yas Island….biggest entertainment theme parks including Waterworld, Ferrari, Warner Bros ….photo stop.

since this is a private tour,  suggestions are very welcome…..itinerary and timings can be modified once we have a confirmed group.

Depending on group size,  we are aiming to keep the pricing around $99 per passenger….

please email rini47@hotmail.com if you are interested

On 9/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, nezza66 said:

Hello so nice to see people chatting about this particular cruise, my husband and I will be on this cruise and are very excited, missed cruising so much during COVID. We are from Australia 

Hi we are Greg & Sally from Perth, Australia also excited to get sailing again. We are doing a package that includes the cruise, a train trip through Italy and 7 river cruise ending in Amsterdam. Have you thought about what shore excursions look good on the MSC cruise? Cheers

• Like 2

Hi Greg and Sally we too are doing this full tour package, and are from NSW. I am just now looking at excursions and I would love to do the sand dune's in Dubai which I did when travelling with a friend on our way to India. My husband has not been to Dubai before. I also really would like to see Rome so was briefly looking at this option. Other than that still trying to do a little more research. 

Good day all

still very confused if we need to be tested to board if vaccinated.   Cruise from Dubai for 7 nights and Red Sea cruises visiting Saudi Arabia don’t seem to have the requirement -  but under “Grand  voyages and World Cruises” - seems u need PCR or Antigen 48 priors to boarding.    Still confusing.   Wish they would still skip Saudi Arabia (usd 175 visa just to stop) and go to Aqaba so we can visit Petra.   With MSC anything can change.  

On 10/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, thejonesmob said:

Hi we are Greg & Sally from Perth, Australia also excited to get sailing again. We are doing a package that includes the cruise, a train trip through Italy and 7 river cruise ending in Amsterdam. Have you thought about what shore excursions look good on the MSC cruise? Cheers

hi

wonder if you would like to join a private tour in Abu Dhabi covering the mosque and presidential palace etc….have a good agent pl email rini47@hotmail.com if interested

On 10/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, nezza66 said:

Hi Greg and Sally we too are doing this full tour package, and are from NSW. I am just now looking at excursions and I would love to do the sand dune's in Dubai which I did when travelling with a friend on our way to India. My husband has not been to Dubai before. I also really would like to see Rome so was briefly looking at this option. Other than that still trying to do a little more research. 

Would you be interested in joining a private tour in Abu Dhabi ? Please email rini47@hotmail.com if interested.   

Just logged into my cruise - funny/nice/strange - my boarding time is 900am on the 25th of March.   Will assume our cabin will be ready.   Hotel offers breakfast. So if this is the case, will head over early morning to board.   Does anyone else have a boarding time.   

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Gee, thread seems to have gone quiet? Now December.......I have a deposit on this cruise, and I see my boarding time is 1pm, but that is from Abu Dhabi.

Any updates from anyone about the visa for Saudi? I did want to go ashore in Jeddah, even if for the coach tour around the Corniche...............

Thanks!