Itinerary Change - Oct. 2, 2022 Pacific Coastal on Noordam

Roz

I received the following from HAL today:

Dear Roz,

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION

Due to port availability, the day at sea on October 4 has been replaced with a call to Astoria, OR from 7:00 to 17:00; the call to San Francisco, CA on October 5 has been replaced with a a day at sea; the day at sea on October 6 has been replaced with a call to San Francisco, CA from 7:00 to 23:00; and the call to Santa Barbara, CA on October 7 has been replaced with a day at sea.

So basically we pick up Astoria and lose Santa Barbara, and change days for San Francisco.  

Well, you wont need to tender in astoria (most likely) and its a unique port.  If you haven't been you might be surprised.  It's my favorite port, but then again, I'm biased because I live 2 hrs away.  But there is a lot to see there and HAL captains (in the past) have done a great job narrating the navigation of what was once known as the "Graveyard of the Pacific" due to the tides, hidden sand bars, and the 6-8 knot outflow of the Columbia River.

• Like 3

@Roz Also on this sailing and am rather ok with the itinerary change.  Not sure "why" (port availability, huh??), but we're dealing with it.  HOWEVER.... I cannot seem to change our (included)  excursions or dining reservations online.  Soooo frustrating!

@julia, I noticed no excursions are available for booking in Astoria and SF.  Looks like they're still sorting things out.  Maybe in a week or so you will be able to get things resolved.  If worse comes to worse, you may have to call HAL and wait on hold for hours. 😣

My excursion in SF is a visit with a dear friend who's driving up from San Jose to see me.  I sent her the change and she's OK with it.  

9 hours ago, julia said:

@Roz Also on this sailing and am rather ok with the itinerary change.  Not sure "why" (port availability, huh??), but we're dealing with it.  HOWEVER.... I cannot seem to change our (included)  excursions or dining reservations online.  Soooo frustrating!

We are on it also, we had a wine tour booked for San Fran, now will be changed to another day, plus we had Sel de Mer so not sure what or when HAL will let us make changes to our plans… Hopefully they checked with all the tour operators prior to making all these changes.  Guess we have no choices but to go with the flow…

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the SF cruise port schedule, and we are at Pier 358.  Where the heck is it???  Is it even in SF?  The main pier at the cruise terminal is Pier 27.  What the heck is going on?   I was supposed to meet a friend, but between Fleet Week and this pier change, I'm having my doubts as to whether this is a good idea.

Anyone who can provide info, it's greatly appreciated.  Here's the link to the port's cruise ship schedule:

2022.pdf (sfport.com)

Edited by Roz