Conquest/New Orleans?

judithdh1

Judi, Judi, Judi....They say Conquest is staying in Galveston but who knows for sure...I think when they announce Carnival Freedom here in a few days to weeks that we'll know more but right now they are showing Conquest in Galveston all the way up into 2007 at this time and beyond.

Just bring the family and come join us.....You'll have a blast!....Be good to see y'all again!:D

This is what I was afraid of.

Have you found out any prices yet for your one you are planning for 2007?

Is it going to be a BIG ship, don't know if I can take little ships or not, ha And sure don't wanna go during hurricane season, ha

Would hate to waste drinks, if you know what I mean, ha

Let me know some info on you planned cruise for 2007.

Thanks

Judi

Host Randy: The Freedom in New Orleans would be sooo cool. (since I have already done the Conquest) I could add another ship to my belt!!!

Happy Mardi Gras everyone.

I sent an email to Carnival a few months back asking is there would be a Large ship leaving out of New Orleans in the future. I was assured that there would be most likely it would be the Conquest. I am sure that everyone has a different answer so it will interesting to see what happens. Also did some research and looks like Conquest will be headed back to NOLA. In this article Bob says that they are looking into getting the Conquest back.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060204.wxmgras0204/BNStory/specialTravel/home

I was told Conquest would be back in New Orleans in 2007 that is why I got on the board to ask the "Know All, See All, Host Randy", ha.

I knew he would have all the answers for me.

Guess nothing is for sure in the cruise world, I will just have to book a cruise and wait to see if a big ship comes back to New Orleans and then book that one ha.

Thanks all for your answers

Judi Hensley

I am jealous of those of you who got to take the Conquest out of NO! When we sailed in 2003 it had to go out of Gulfport, MS. We went to NO and stopped by Pat O'Brien's which was cool because they let me light the big torch thingy in the middle! Anyhow, I hope one of them goes back out of there, the French Quarter is just too much fun and adds to the vacation experience :)

I sailed twice on Conquest in 2003 - once in January out of NOLA and once in May out of Gulfport. I preferred Gulfport because I live in Gulfport. Actually they got you on the ship sooner, WAY sooner than they did in NOLA. On the other hand, if I was flying to NOLA to take the Conquest I would have been quite irked to be sent to Gulfport. We would very much like to have a cruise ship from here. We are rebuilding from Katrina and I really believe that will happen in the next few years. We're comin' back y'all!

correct. we drove. its one hour from baton rouge to NO and over 2 hours to Gulfport. i liked the organization, parking, embarkation and loading/unloading better in gulfport. i prefer the "ride" through the gulf, much more than the ride in the mississippi.

ill sail from a banana warehouse long before ill sail from a banana republic!

does anyone know why there are no carnival ships sailing out of N.O. after April 2007. The Sensation is only listed as cruising out of New Orleans from October 2006 to May 2007 . After that there are no Carnival cruise ships. Are they waiting to see if New Orleans can handle the people or is it some other reason.

Archived