CoCo Cay Beach Bed -- which is better South Beach or Chill Island

Wife and I rented a bed at Breezy Bay and it was great.   Not many folks there (June cruise on Enchantment out of Baltimore).   We took the shuttle to the beds  (it was a long way around, but we did not know how far a walk it would be).  The bed concierge gave us towels but did not see her again.  Restaurant and bar  near by (never saw a server to take my order so went to the bar).  

Since there were two rows of beds strung out,  we had fewer people in the water in  front of our beds.
We booked the same bed for our Sept Allure Cruise.   I had the same question about which location would be best and decided the Breezy Bay would be less crowded  as further from the ship - a good decision.   We have been watching the reservations for our cruises and see the Chill area beds usually sell out first.   If you want quite and willing to walk or take the shuttle,  I recommend Breeze Bay for a Bed. 

The beds are preassigned and have the guest's name on a blackboard attached to the bed frame.  The bed as curtains which can be closed to block out the sun.  Two floats, two chairs and a cooler with 4 bottles of water come with the bed. We will always order a beach bed in Breezy Bay when not taking the family to CoCo Cay (with family we get a Cabana in Water Park). 

Hope this helps in the location decision to get a Beach Bed.  My recommendation is order early and one can always cancel before the port.  

3 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

As we're in a suite, I may have the concierge check where our beach bed is.  

The confirmation paper should have the location and the bed number (ours did).  I am sure they can change the location of any available.  Also, there are two rows  offset.  We had the row closest to the water.  The offset  is behind with a view of the water.  Request your concierge to get you a "water front" beach bed.  

Enjoy the bed, chairs and floating mats.  Let me know what happens.

My best,

Art

On 7/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, Meetingman said:

The confirmation paper should have the location and the bed number (ours did).  I am sure they can change the location of any available.  Also, there are two rows  offset.  We had the row closest to the water.  The offset  is behind with a view of the water.  Request your concierge to get you a "water front" beach bed.  

Enjoy the bed, chairs and floating mats.  Let me know what happens.

My best,

Art

Thanks Art.  What do you mean by "offset".  

We're in a GS so I think I'll ask the Concierge to see if he or she can get me a map.  I want to be close to the bar and the restrooms.  

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Example at Breezy Bay. The second row of beds is offset from the first so beds are not directly behind the bed in front of it.

breezybeds2.thumb.png.677ccd62cc3b4e64eb8c754b02ac537b.png

I see -- so you have an ocean view even from the second row.  Thanks for posting.