Upgrade Questions

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the NCL Escape October 21 out of Civitavecchia, if she comes out of dry dock on time that is.  We have never sailed NCL before and had a question about the upgrade process.

Final payment date was a couple weeks ago and we got an email offering upgrades for what looked like the total current fare.

This is different than the bidding to upgrade process right?

You should have got an invitation to upgrade through the Upgrade Advantage program. The email should show you the minimum bid price for a room you are looking at. If you are looking at suites, the upgrade price will be hundreds or a thousand dollars for big suites (per person for passengers 1 and 2). In the example below, our next cruise offers an upgrade to a H2 Owner's suite with a minimum bid of $1200 per person (which would not be a winning bid). The maximum bid for the H2 Owners suite (for us) is $2250 per person. 

image.png.d0719eb6613775e4ac74f37ea0446d7d.png

image.png.39648a3f34609ca6eae38c83b9dd1450.png

Edited by BirdTravels

10 minutes ago, complawyer said:

if the offer allows you to upgrade to a haven, and your budget allows it, believe me you'll find its worth it. try and put in the minimum bid worst that will happen is that it will be regected.

That's exactly what I'm wrestling with.  I'm already the top Club Balcony Suite; one upgrade and I'm Haven.  Minimum bid is $650.  I just don't think I can get there unless we find some new Guests 3 and 4.

so are you a gamblin' man and is it worth $1300 to try and upgrade to the haven? by the way, which ship are you on. some like the getaway, epic, offer the whole enchilada in  the haven complex, private pool, sun deck, private dedicated restaurant and bar, as well as the 24 hr  on call butler and concierge. some ships like the jade, have the private pool, but breakfast and lunch

is served to haven guests in either cagneys or moderno. some, like the star offer"suites" the rooms are comparable to the haven rooms,but there is private pool area, and again you eat in either cagneys or moderno

remember, you dont have to bid on the most expensive and lavish haven cabin. we have a comped cruise this aug on the bliss and we are in a club balcony suite. since it's free, you'll get no complaints from me, but it didnt keep me from bidding on a haven penthouse. i  put in a bid of $850, so i'm looking at $1700 if it's accepted. i am fully aware that it's a very low bid and the chances of acceptance probably range from slim to "aint gonna happen"  so if it doesnt happen, im perfectly happy with the club balcony (although i admit, i'll miss the butler)