Bourbon Selections on Three Cruises in 2022

bnurick

10 hours ago, bnurick said:

You kinda know or do not know (tried them all). It’s not that good. Woodford Double Oaked is my choice. 

I'd agree--Pappy has carved out a niche for itself among those with more money than sense.  The price-is-on-concern crowd who need to show off.  The old Pappy which still had the Stitzel-Weller mashbill was actually pretty damn good--well worth the then-price of $100/bt.  But the average Pappy bourbon that is now selling for $2-3k/bottle is just silly.  There is too much good bourbon for a fraction of that price (even if you could afford to pay that price).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bnurick said:

You kinda know or do not know (tried them all). It’s not that good. Woodford Double Oaked is my choice. 

One of my favs!  Very disappointed to see Woodford Double Oaked gone from Celebrity ships.  It made the premium package very worthwhile. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

I'd agree--Pappy has carved out a niche for itself among those with more money than sense.  The price-is-on-concern crowd who need to show off.  The old Pappy which still had the Stitzel-Weller mashbill was actually pretty damn good--well worth the then-price of $100/bt.  But the average Pappy bourbon that is now selling for $2-3k/bottle is just silly.  There is too much good bourbon for a fraction of that price (even if you could afford to pay that price).

I have had Pappy twice in my life.  Both times courtesy of a friend.  

The first was over 10 years ago and it was excellent.  So much so that I tried unsuccessfully to find and purchase a bottle. 

The second was at a party at a friends house two years ago and it was just okay.  When I saw the prices, I knew I would not pay that much for it.  I'll stick with what i can find and keep my eyes out for Blanton's or Mitchers. Both of which are more reasonably priced. 

• Like 1