ArriveCan Question

Lexcruiser

I am aware that I need to complete the ArriveCan app prior to flying into Vancouver for my cruise.  If I fly into Vancouver on August 24, but don't board the ship until August 26, do I need to complete ArriveCan a second time prior to embarkation?

3 hours ago, Lexcruiser said:

I am aware that I need to complete the ArriveCan app prior to flying into Vancouver for my cruise.  If I fly into Vancouver on August 24, but don't board the ship until August 26, do I need to complete ArriveCan a second time prior to embarkation?

You will do a new ArriveCan entry, this time a "marine" one instead of an air one. This is assuming you are doing a round trip Vancouver not a 1 way northbound? If you are ending in Alaska and not visiting any Canadian ports like Victoria, I don't think you need a 2nd one. 

I didn't figure out to have 2 pending at the same time (not sure if you can) so I just did the new one for our cruise the day before we sailed while we were in Vancouver. I noticed many people had to do it at the port, I was happy we didn't. 

• Like 1

The Canadian government website finally clarified this- and 3g  is correct. If you are not returning to Canada you do not need another ArriveCAN. Although even now you have to read the entire ArriveCAN section on their website before they make it clear.