Qatar Airlines?

turtlemichael

34 minutes ago, first time cruising said:

My Silversea agent has booked us Qatar (my request) from Adelaide to Lisbon and Athens return to Adelaide next year. 

Thanks you. That is good to know. Can I ask you what they had you booked on first and what they charged you for the variation?

15 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

No wonder you want to change! I'm getting ready for a discussion of how they get us home from Fort Lauderdale. Business class is included. We should know shortly.

Post here so I will be prepared for next year from FLL - PER.  I prefer Qatar, although Qantas is good for that route.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, Port Power said:

Post here so I will be prepared for next year from FLL - PER.  I prefer Qatar, although Qantas is good for that route.

Following up your request, just to let you know Silversea have put us on Qatar flights via Doha(FLL-DOH-MEL)  so we are very pleased.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Following up your request, just to let you know Silversea have put us on Qatar flights via Doha(FLL-DOH-MEL)  so we are very pleased.

So glad they did right by you.  May you have Q-suites every leg!

8 minutes ago, Port Power said:

So glad they did right by you.  May you have Q-suites every leg!

It appears to be the case at the moment but 10 months is a long time in politics and cruising!

Edited by turtlemichael

On 7/12/2022 at 3:18 AM, labrasett said:

I would be surprised if SS dont have a contract with Qatar Airlines since Qatar own 25% of IAG and SS do use both BA and Iberia substantially and they are the main components of IAG.

Just a reminder -- even if a cruiseline has a contract with a specific carrier, that contract may or may not apply to various routings, aircraft, flights and/or dates.  Those specific details are part of the contract, and are not public information.

Let the speculation continue.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:41 PM, turtlemichael said:

No wonder you want to change! I'm getting ready for a discussion of how they get us home from Fort Lauderdale. Business class is included. We should know shortly.

Can I ask what cruise this is? I live in Kalgoorlie:)