LA-San Pedro pier parking & stay

nmhouchin

Parking in the pier-adjacent lot in San Pedro is $20 per 24-hour period.  We've used this many times without a problem (except for the steep cost).  

Secured overnight parking lots for cruise facilities are managed by Parking Concepts, Inc. (PCI), a California-based parking company founded in 1974. For more information, call (800) 540-PARK. Parking is free for the first hour and $2/hour thereafter ($20 maximum/day).

It was a 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise...but also an unusual situation.  We didn't actually book a Park & Cruise for that one...because we had a lot of Hilton points...and, with the points, they only offered a per night points rate.  So, I called the hotel directly and asked about the parking...and they told me "no problem".   I think the "rules" come from somewhere in corporate--and they are thinking of the chain as a whole...and probably have locstions where parking is at a premium...or where there are entry and exit gates and cards required.  The parking at this loction is an ample open lot.  I am guessing that no one really monitors the cars to see who's parked there or how long they've been there.  Or maybe they were just fine with me doing it because of my Hilton points status.  Don't want to tick off a long-time good customer.

But I did make it a point when checking in to remind them of the prior conversation...and, again, was told "no problem". 

So, I would recommend, when booking your room or package, to contact the hotel directly and tell them you have a 15 day cruise and ask if it will be okay to park there for that entire time.  You may find them very relaxed on the issue.  If they say okay, just make sure you get it in writing via an email or otherwise.  If, for some reason, they say no, I'm assuming they can quote you a rate for additional days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would park at the pier and find a hotel, other than the DT, to stay at.  We just sailed two weeks ago and stayed at the DT using the cruise/park rate.  It was reasonable, but the hotel is showing it's age.  The free shuttle from the hotel to the port can only be reserved upon check in and was full when we got there.  That entailed me getting an UBER to/from.  There was plenty of parking just a few feet from the ship.  

• Like 1