What if the airlines fail to get you to your cruise on time?

Hlitner

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

What are you talking about? Maybe I need to clarify, I use trip insurance for the cancellation in case of death or major medical injury.  we were talking about cancellation.  I have separate medical policies at home and for travel.  But no worries, I can handle financially anything that comes my way or I wouldn’t travel

And perhaps I misunderstood. Your post appeared to say the only reason to buy insurance is for death or major medical issue. I was only pointing out that a “non-major” ER visit with diagnostic labs and/or radiology and even just minimal treatment could easily approach five figures. Add a surgery and eventual MedEvac and you’d then have “major” medical. 
You also didn’t mention whether you just buy travel medical only or a comprehensive policy that covers trip interrupt and cancel. As has already been established, that coverage, which sometimes is provided by your CC issuer, has mostly woeful claim limits and numerous exclusions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hlitner said:

So why use a cruise line for air?  Consider the various CCL products (i.e. Seabourn, Princess, Cunard, HAL, etc) where one can book International Business Class for about 1/2 (sometimes less) than what that would cost you if you booked directly with the airline.  We recently flew home from Prague and paid about $1000 per person for lay flat business class on United.  We have a fu

Adding:  They also allow you to book air departures and arrivals up to 30 days in advance or proceeding your cruise.   And yes, you can change your selections, penalty free, up until final payment 

• Like 1