Liberty to Newark 10:10 or 12:20 flight - June 2023

pasodancer

Hi everyone & thank you for helping me.

Looking to purchase our airline tickets for June 2023 (Oasis).  We will be among 1st off the ship (self-disembark) and will either Uber or Taxi to Newark Airport from Cape Liberty.  Right now, we have 2 choices of flights - either 10:10 am or 12:20 pm.    Either one would work, but an very anxious to get back home to spring the pups from the kennel.  What choice would you make?

8 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

Right now, we have 2 choices of flights - either 10:10 am or 12:20 pm.    Either one would work, but an very anxious to get back home to spring the pups from the kennel.  What choice would you make?

If you were confident you could be off the ship and in the car no later than 8am then the 10:10 will work if you hustle. If you are not confident you could be off by then I would book the 12:20.

Just now, princeton123211 said:

If you were confident you could be off the ship and in the car no later than 8am then the 10:10 will work if you hustle. If you are not confident you could be off by then I would book the 12:20.

Your reply makes me put things in perspective - I am confident that I am going to win Mega Millions lottery - and that hasn't worked out as expected.  I am going to take do the 12:20 - more confident in that time and it means we can have a leisurely morning instead of rush rush rush.  If we get to the airport early, can always request standby for the earlier flight.  Thank you!  

I'm all for being proactive, and agree the later flight makes more sense, but I have almost no confidence that a flight booked 11 months early will still depart at the time scheduled today. Or be less expensive than one booked 90-100 days out. Especially in the current air travel environment.

For a 90 minute domestic flight, is there a reason you're booking this early?

Which only works if they keep the same equipment and don't merge two flights. I'm !K and had United delete an entire cabin on a long haul flight 3 weeks ago. And my seat. And in the process of processing an upgrade, they cancelled my check-in on the connection and put me in a middle seat from SFO to IAD. And all of that was within 12 hours of the flight.

Is that an ERJ into Norfolk? A seat choice in July of 2022 does not necessarily equal a seat available in June of 2023. Great if it works out, but no way I'd count on that! 

You are correct - probably will not have the actual seat choice I picked yesterday.   It is also doubtful I will have the same flight times.   Hopefully, will have the seat category I paid for.  This specific cruise is for a very special occasion and w/ the help of savings years of rewards points I splurged on 1st class airfare for a 90-minute flight.  I know it is a gamble, but it will be 1 less thing to stress about between now and then.  Even managed to snag a room at the Westin in Jersey City for a ridiculously low number of rewards points.  

• Like 1