New line?

fuzzylady1980

Hi.  My family has always cruised on Carnival.  With all the problems they have had lately and after a lack luster cruise in last January I'm  considering going to another line.  My kids are essentially grown 21, 17, and 18.  My 18 uear old is developmentally  delayed.   She's about 7 mentality.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what line to go to.  

Thank you!

3 hours ago, fuzzylady1980 said:

Hi.  My family has always cruised on Carnival.  With all the problems they have had lately and after a lack luster cruise in last January I'm  considering going to another line.  My kids are essentially grown 21, 17, and 18.  My 18 uear old is developmentally  delayed.   She's about 7 mentality.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what line to go to.  

Thank you!

Royal is a more upscale family line.  But at that age have you looked in to Celebrity (especially if you are foodies at all).   Princess may also be a good option. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to suggest you look at specific ships, not just a cruise line.  Warning: Just my opinion. We would choose Norwegian Getaway over Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas, but would choose RCCL Harmony of the Seas over Norwegian Star.  Not a lot of American cruisers consider it, but our last cruise was on MSC Seaside and our group LOVED it.  Ages: 7-62 - all had a great time.  We just booked MSC Meraviglia for October.  Also, what itinerary is interesting to your family? We have been to Roatan 15-20 times and will continue to go every year.  Others don't enjoy Roatan. If you have islands you'd like to visit, look at your dates and port schedule and that could narrow down your ship choices.  My youngest is 18.  It's really important to us that our kids have a great vacation as well as us.  Some of our favorite excursions have been:  Monkey/Sloths/Ziplining/Snorkeling West Bay in Roatan, Cavetubing in Belize, Climbing Mayan Temple Coba from Cozumel, Swimming with Stingrays in Grand Cayman, Hiking to the waterfalls and visiting forts in Puerto Rico,  and Downhill coaster and climbing Dunns Falls in Jamaica.  Maybe look for excursions that interest you so you have some adventures to look forward to as well as a great ship.