Del Mar Latino Beach Club

travelguy2009

14 minutes ago, sun bum said:

Park Royal was $60 pp  but they would drop it to $20 if you let them try to sell you a timeshare for 1 hour.. Free if you let them try to sell it for 2 hours

LOL,  no thanks to that!

I think it may have been $60 three years ago and we talked them down to &50 so not much change there. Although it has gone downhill a lot in 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for Del Mar Latino info listed above.  In looking at their website, it lists their menu as Ala Cart with prices.  I emailed them to ask if any snacks are included and they never replied.  Does anyone have an update on what their "all inclusive" includes?

4 hours ago, flakids said:

Thanks for Del Mar Latino info listed above.  In looking at their website, it lists their menu as Ala Cart with prices.  I emailed them to ask if any snacks are included and they never replied.  Does anyone have an update on what their "all inclusive" includes?

The prices are for their affiliated hotel guests like Nachi Cocom.

21 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The prices are for their affiliated hotel guests like Nachi Cocom.

Thanks.  Per your previous post you were going to check if couples were limited to 3 food items.  Di you have an update?

3 minutes ago, flakids said:

Thanks.  Per your previous post you were going to check if couples were limited to 3 food items.  Di you have an update?

Sadly no updates to report.

I have emailed to a  couple of addresses but no reply. I am disappointed because I had recommended it to family but apparently they are not interested in my repeat business.

We have enjoyed multiple visits and I would like to know what is going on.

Just back from Del Mar Latino last week. Something has changed here since our visit in May. Ordered one food item while in loungers and had to follow up three times on where it was. Another time for my first beer.  Rain came through and moved by the bar. Finally got the coconut shrimp. Walked up to bar to order a burger later and got that. No club sandwich even though it is on the menu.

Just like they are trying on purpose to ignore orders. Shame as it was so nice in May. Seemed much more than 30 people that they advertise as the limit. I told a bartender in May on our ship she should go there, but told her last week I no longer recommend it. Drinks were easily available if you walked up to the bartender to give them some credit.  Planned to go back again in December, but not now.

Edited by coaster

7 minutes ago, coaster said:

Just back from Del Mar Latino last week. Something has changed here since our visit in May. Ordered one food item while in loungers and had to follow up three times on where it was. Another time for my first beer.  Rain came through and moved by the bar. Finally got the coconut shrimp. Walked up to bar to order a burger later and got that.

Just like they are trying on purpose to ignore orders. Shame as it was so nice in May. Seemed much more than 30 people that they advertise as the limit. I told a bartender in May on our ship she should go there, but told her last week I no longer recommend it. Drinks were easily available if you walked up to the bartender to give them some credit. 

That’s certainly disappointing to hear. Pity, it was good while it lasted.

Were you limited as to how many food items you could order, as previously reported? 

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

That’s certainly disappointing to hear. Pity, it was good while it lasted.

Were you limited as to how many food items you could order, as previously reported? 

I didn't ask and they didn't tell us that. We only ate 3 items between us,  two orders of shrimp and one burger so not a real test of that. It was ok for the promotion at $29 price we locked in at, but just not like the recent past. Burger and shrimp were very tasty though as before. Just not the same service wise. Strange putrid smell around the bar did not help the vibe either. Just don't expect as much as in the past is my main point.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, flakids said:

On 8/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, c-leg5 said:

Sadly no updates to report.

I have emailed to a  couple of addresses but no reply. I am disappointed because I had recommended it to family but apparently they are not interested in my repeat business.

We have enjoyed multiple visits and I would like to know what is going on.

CORRECTION:

My mistake. Apparently I did receive a reply but it went into my junk folder.

There has been no change in policy and snacks are not limited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...