Cruising Companions cancelled - what happens to pre-paid items?

TerReuv

So, our cruising companions have decided to back out.  We had already prepaid for the steakhouse & Cucina using both some of our OBC & a CC.  Since they cancelled before telling us, I couldn't cancel the bookings myself. However, I see that both eateries have changed to reservations for 2 and her massage has dropped off.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Any idea how long until I see the OBC come back to us or is it gone?  I figure even if they cancelled, then the CC should get credited.  I am hoping someone can answer my questions.

Thanks!

How was the OBC allocated?  If it was allocated to all of you equally (e.g. $200 OBC per cabin, and you had two cabins), their cancellation nukes their portion of the OBC.

If the OBC was purely from your source (say, a previously COVID-canceled cruise that had OBC as "reward" for re-booking), then it should go to the pax associated with that original (canceled) booking - I would assume that is you.

I would call if you want to get it resolved and it has been a while.  How long has it been?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

How was the OBC allocated?  If it was allocated to all of you equally (e.g. $200 OBC per cabin, and you had two cabins), their cancellation nukes their portion of the OBC.

If the OBC was purely from your source (say, a previously COVID-canceled cruise that had OBC as "reward" for re-booking), then it should go to the pax associated with that original (canceled) booking - I would assume that is you.

I would call if you want to get it resolved and it has been a while.  How long has it been?

The OBC was all ours.  It was to be their first cruise, so we wanted to pay for a couple of things as we had $1200 of OBC (yep, Covid cancelled cruise). 

They just cancelled yesterday.  I did send an email to my PVP to ask, but probably won't hear back from her until later today or tomorrow.  I wasn't sure how long it might take to process back to us.  

But, you did give me hope that it should all process back to us.  I wasn't sure how long it would take.  Cruise isn't until end of October, but it isn't something I want to forget about!