NCL ESCAPE - JUST OFF 7/10-7/17 EUROPE ASK AWAY ANY QUESTIONS

jcann4444

Feel free to ask away any questions you may have. This was from Rome and had 5 ports of call.  Will post dailies later for each day. Excellent cruise overall with one negative. Corfu was cancelled the week before and we went to Bar Montengro from 5:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Who gets off the ship at 5:00 AM. I also learned that 250 crew were added and replaced in Montengro which makes me believe this was for no other reason than financial for NCL. I also learned that Bar does not charge for a travel visa for crew. I find it hard to believe that NCL on a moments notice had 250 crew from around the World come to Bar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to our first time on ncl in October. Did you try any of  the specialty restaurants? Did you enjoy any shows? Was the ship at full capacity? Any covid restrictions i.e. indoor masking required? Glad you had a great and safe trip. Looking forward to your comments.

We are on the Oct 21st sailing out of Rome and we are very excited. 

It's our first time on NCL.

I'm very excited to check out the dailies when you post them.  I have been wondering if you can use any form of id to get back on the ship when in port or did you take your passport with you?  The real thing or will a copy do?

Obviously, we will have out passports with us but the idea of taking it into port every day does make me a little nervous.  

22 hours ago, jcann4444 said:

Feel free to ask away any questions you may have. This was from Rome and had 5 ports of call.  Will post dailies later for each day. Excellent cruise overall with one negative. Corfu was cancelled the week before and we went to Bar Montengro from 5:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Who gets off the ship at 5:00 AM. I also learned that 250 crew were added and replaced in Montengro which makes me believe this was for no other reason than financial for NCL. I also learned that Bar does not charge for a travel visa for crew. I find it hard to believe that NCL on a moments notice had 250 crew from around the World come to Bar. 

Dailies please!!! Do they still have studio lounge for solo cruise event every day thank you 

On 7/18/2022 at 6:56 PM, Jmustang67 said:

We are booked after dry dock for October 12

was the ship somewhat full and were masks required 

The ship was at 70 percent capacity per the few staff I asked.  All crew must wear masks all the time. They are quite strict on this.  Passengers are not required and I would say less than 5 percent wore them.  That may even be a high estimate. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Georgigirl13 said:

Looking forward to our first time on ncl in October. Did you try any of  the specialty restaurants? Did you enjoy any shows? Was the ship at full capacity? Any covid restrictions i.e. indoor masking required? Glad you had a great and safe trip. Looking forward to your comments.

Went to Cagneys, Teppanyaki. La Cucina and Moderno. I have eaten at all four before and I thought they were all very good again, as far as quality as well as service. Never made it it too Food Republic sadly as always enjoy a good lunch there.  

6 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Dailies please!!! Do they still have studio lounge for solo cruise event every day thank you 

Note sure As to the solo cruise  info as I sailed with my daughter and did not talk to any single cruisers. Sorry. 

On 7/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Georgigirl13 said:

Choir of man was quite good for a cruise ship musical. 

Just now, jcann4444 said:

Note sure As to the solo cruise  info as I sailed with my daughter and did not talk to any single cruisers. Sorry. 

Please post a page of a daily, the list of activities on a sea day, just to give us a treat! Before you have a chance to post the whole thing 

I’m dying to see what’s on offer

On 7/18/2022 at 9:35 PM, Northern wanderlust said:

We are on the Oct 21st sailing out of Rome and we are very excited. 

It's our first time on NCL.

I'm very excited to check out the dailies when you post them.  I have been wondering if you can use any form of id to get back on the ship when in port or did you take your passport with you?  The real thing or will a copy do?

Obviously, we will have out passports with us but the idea of taking it into port every day does make me a little nervous.  

Passports were collected by the cruise so the ship would be acccpted by the local ports. I always had my Global Entry ID on me at port. The ship recommended to leave the ship with an ID. You use your key card to exit and enter the ship usually. Many times they used facial recognition screening and no key card which was usually quicker and people do not have to go fishing for the key card they should have ready. 

Thank you for being willing to answer questions! We're departing on this cruise on Aug. 3 and we're ridiculously excited. Three years in the making, thanks to covid. Hopefully it won't continue to spoil these plans once we board!

On 7/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, jcann4444 said:

Will you be posting dailies in this thread or are you gonna make a fresh thread for it? I don’t wanna miss em 

I missed a few days but it gives an idea. This was a seven day and Choir of man and Malevo were on twice. The comedy magician was very funny and he was on 3 different nights and in supper club and theatre. I think howl at the moon was every second night. Attraction from Britain's got Talent had one night in Theatre. I found the entertainment brilliant 👏 👌 

Screenshot_20220712-221626_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-102035_Drive.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, jcann4444 said:

Back to Corfu today makes me think the unavoidable shift to Bar was not done in good spirit..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcann4444 said:

Back to Corfu today makes me think the unavoidable shift to Bar was not done in good spirit..

That is very interesting about the staff changeover in Bar. It's certainly suspicious that they could arrange that with such a last minute change. Some of my family had Corfu as they're top spot to visit so it was very disappointing 😞 

3 hours ago, podaz1 said:

That is very interesting about the staff changeover in Bar. It's certainly suspicious that they could arrange that with such a last minute change. Some of my family had Corfu as they're top spot to visit so it was very disappointing 😞 

I agree wholeheartedly  and can say with 100 percent certainty of the crew turnover as it was told to me by three people on the cruise. I won't say what departments they were in as not sure if they should have shared it. 

• Like 1

Thats a bummer that they canceled Corfu.  Re porting to Bar for crew replenishment makes sense. IIRC, NCL used Bar City for staging crew during the restart and was often the last port before a ship came online.  Think things are still a bit wonky with crew contracts all ending around the same t8mes.  Some of the crew on the Encore were talking about an upcoming rotation, and that staff were getting offers to extend a couple months.

Three questions:

Malevo was the second show in the main theater.  Did you see it and was it any good?

Dueling pianos - same question.  Have fond memories of the howl at the moon group on the getaway in 2019.

Last - the supper club....  looks like maybe variety acts?  Did you catch any of those?

Thanks 

Jeff

• Like 1