uK cruisers - proof of vaccination (including for kids)

Anyone from the UK that has cruised since COVID - what docs do you need to present at the pier as proof of vaccine?  Do they want a print out of the doc from the NHS app, or the actual vacc card?

Also, kids under 12 don’t have their proof available on the NHS app, so anyone know what I need to provide for them?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Harriet75C said:

Do they want a print out of the doc from the NHS app, or the actual vacc card?

Might be none if you upload the proof and it's approved in the app - did you try that? Either should work at the pier if they ask for it. @little britain may have more feedback.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Might be none if you upload the proof and it's approved in the app - did you try that? Either should work at the pier if they ask for it. @little britain may have more feedback.

I uploaded the vacc card proof for one of us and the NHS data for the other one (over two weeks ago) and so far nether have shown up as validated, so I’m getting a little worried.  

34 minutes ago, Harriet75C said:

Also, kids under 12 don’t have their proof available on the NHS app, so anyone know what I need to provide for them?

For the kids - You need to request an NHS covid travel pass by post (Yes,post!) you apply online here NHS COVID pass

We got ours within a week of requesting them, it’s the only thing available for under 12’s.

For yourselves,  you need a COVID travel pass from the NHS app (on your smartphone) or from the NHS website...just search for it on the site. Apparently the downloaded pass on your phone is good enough, but I've printed them off in case of no wifi, power cut, earthquake etc!. The vaccine card you got when you had your jab IS NOT good enough.

Simon

2 hours ago, Harriet75C said:

Anyone from the UK that has cruised since COVID - what docs do you need to present at the pier as proof of vaccine?  Do they want a print out of the doc from the NHS app, or the actual vacc card?

Thanks!

Always get the printed copies of all from the NHS. Do not rely on the app/ smart phone. WiFi and lighting are notoriously bad at Southampton and the check in staff there, who have to take photos of each doc will be delighted if you have paper copies. Same applies to boarding passes etc - paper is king. Pre sort each set into the appropriate passports and check in will be a breeze ( we have done 4 cruises through Southampton since August last year).

I uploaded the NHS data for one of us and the vacc card for the other.  Both of them took ages to validate but both have now validated.

And I have managed to get electronic versions of the kids vaccinations as well, so I've uploaded those as well as their cards to the app.  I will take everything with us as well - I am currently printing out all the paperwork for the holiday and the pile is about 5cm thick  😩

I'm sure there's something I've forgotten, but now I just need to hope we all test negative for our last minute tests, or that they've dropped testing by then!

Thanks for all your help!

• Like 1