Gluten Free options in Teppenyaki?

steveknj

My daughter has Celiac and we've done well on other cruises with her Gluten Free diet.  We know there are usually plenty of GF options in the MDR, and in Cagney's but we wondered about Teppenyaki.   She's never been to one of those Japanese cook in front of you restaurants and we thought it might be fun for her.  But since they use the same utensils and such for eveyrone's meal, I don' know how Gluten safe it would be.  Anyone know if they accommodate GF diets there?  If not, we'll find a different specialty to go to.

We never went to a hibachi on NCL but have heard it’s handled the same as on land, the meal will be prepared with gf soy sauce in the kitchen. My daughter has celiac, goes to hibachi a lot, and loved all of her gf meal experiences on NCL.

• Like 1

When you book Teppanyaki, just let them know about food restrictions if you do it onboard.

Otherwise, upon boarding, we always either phone or meet in person with Exec Chef and it will be added to your profile and ALL restaurants will know about the special gluten free diet.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Definitely note it on your reservation, the dietary manager will find you day one and will let you know the options. My daughter preferred to order breakfast and dinner the day before, would call when we were heading to our chosen venue. There are so many options not on menus, especially breakfast. Specialty restaurants wee harder but tbey would make modifications if possible.

• Like 1