Vancouver Boarding Process

Sam13010

We are travelling as a group of 50 - all in Aqua Class Rooms boarding in Vancouver to Seward, AK. Some of us are Elite, some are new cruisers. If we arrive at the terminal at 10:15 AM to start the boarding process (dropping off our Luggage), when will we be on the ship? I have heard they announce as soon as the ship clears customs - Suite Guests, Zenith Cruisers, Aqua Class Guests, Concierge Class Guests, etc. Can anyone confirm the boarding process??

When you complete the check-in process on the app, you will be asked to select a Check-In time.  I believe the earliest time available is 11 or 11:30, and it is possible, based on when everyone completes the check-in process, that all may not be able to get the same time.  Before COVID, you could show up at any time, but in my experience since then, they do try to adhere to the times you are given.  I have seen people show up at the port early, only to have them told to wait outside until their scheduled arrival time.  I have not personally done an embarkation in Vancouver since COVID, but I would imagine that it is similar to other ports.  My point is, don't expect to show up at 10:15 and get on the ship first thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Also, there are no priority boarding lines any more for anyone except suites and Zenith members.

Vancouver in June, we were in a Celebrity suite. We did not see any indication of priority lines until we got the check in process then there was an agent for suites and Zenith but we were directed to a different agent since the suite agent was dealing with someone. It was a fairly quick process thru the various lines, luggage drop off, security, US customs and check in.