Question on perks when bidding up to Retreat

Wink87

We are in a great cabin in Aqua class and were given the opportunity to bid up to Retreat. As we got this cruise at a great rate, I made a strong bid for both a Celebrity and Royal suite. If I win my bid, I am looking for clarification on which Retreat perks I would and would not get. I have already paid the difference for the alcohol up grade but will cancel if it comes with my winning bid. 

If you get a CS you get access to the Retreat and dining in Luminae.  No premium beverage package, stream wi-fi or OBC.

If you get a RS you get access to the Retreat and dining in Luminae plus upgraded champagne in the suite, 2 bottles  of liquor for your suite, unlimited specialty dining and laundry. No OBC, and I’m not sure about premium beverage or wi-fi.  I’m sure someone else can clarify.

• Like 2

The only items that would come with the RS would be in this list. The CS would only include priority luggage delivery. The premium beverage package and premium WiFi are no longer listed as an amenity of upper tier suites (RS and higher).

image.png.6d038fdf085d1472748b9709224540c0.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

We are in a great cabin in Aqua class and were given the opportunity to bid up to Retreat. <snip> I have already paid the difference for the alcohol up grade but will cancel if it comes with my winning bid. 

1 hour ago, ellsbells3032 said:

You only keep the perks you have. So you won't get the upgraded alcohol or WiFi packages. 

You do however get access to the retreat and luminae and the fast track check-in. Etc 

Question - if the OP has already paid for an alcohol upgrade, presumable separate from the Aqua fare, why would that upgrade not carry over with an accepted Move Up bid?

9 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Question - if the OP has already paid for an alcohol upgrade, presumable separate from the Aqua fare, why would that upgrade not carry over with an accepted Move Up bid?

It does carry over.  The OP  indicated that if the upgraded beverage package came with the Suite then they would cancel the upgrade they paid for.

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It does carry over.  The OP  indicated that if the upgraded beverage package came with the Suite then they would cancel the upgrade they paid for.

Clarification! Ty!!!

2 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

You only keep the perks you have. So you won't get the upgraded alcohol or WiFi packages. 

You do however get access to the retreat and lumina and the fast track check-in. Etc 

Ty!

2 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

You do however get access to the retreat and lumina and the fast track check-in. Etc 

Ty for the intel!

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you get a CS you get access to the Retreat and dining in Luminae.  No premium beverage package, stream wi-fi or OBC.

If you get a RS you get access to the Retreat and dining in Luminae plus upgraded champagne in the suite, 2 bottles  of liquor for your suite, unlimited specialty dining and laundry. No OBC, and I’m not sure about premium beverage or wi-fi.  I’m sure someone else can clarify.

Great info! Ty

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The only items that would come with the RS would be in this list. The CS would only include priority luggage delivery. The premium beverage package and premium WiFi are no longer listed as an amenity of upper tier suites (RS and higher).

image.png.6d038fdf085d1472748b9709224540c0.png

I had not seen this. Ty!

2 hours ago, Wink87 said:

We are in a great cabin in Aqua class and were given the opportunity to bid up to Retreat. As we got this cruise at a great rate, I made a strong bid for both a Celebrity and Royal suite. If I win my bid, I am looking for clarification on which Retreat perks I would and would not get. I have already paid the difference for the alcohol up grade but will cancel if it comes with my winning bid. 

The only thing I have to add is that there is a difference between "perks" and "amenities" when it comes to all this.  "Perks" are (sort of) a part of the personal deal you make, and examples of those are the drink package, wifi, and OBC.  "Amenities" are attached to the room, and examples of those are what were listed in that table above.

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

The only thing I have to add is that there is a difference between "perks" and "amenities" when it comes to all this.  "Perks" are (sort of) a part of the personal deal you make, and examples of those are the drink package, wifi, and OBC.  "Amenities" are attached to the room, and examples of those are what were listed in that table above.

Cheers!

Perfect explanation! This is what I was confused about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1