Doing home test before we fly out - what to do if we get a positive?

We're coming in a couple days early, so we can't test at home before we get to Seattle. I thought we'd do a home test before we fly for a sanity check. If we get one or more positive results, is that good enough to call Royal to setup a cancellation? Or does it need to be from a doctor? 

12 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Just need to send them the positive test.  Unfortunately I know that from experience 

Has to be a proctored test with lab report. OP is talking about just using a home test for a sanity check and that wouldn’t work because you don’t have a lab report showing the positive. 

So if you test positive with the home test then you’re going to want to go get an official test from like Walgreens or CVS or your doctor so you have documented proof for insurance claim and for Royal Caribbean. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise Gopher said:

Has to be a proctored test with lab report. OP is talking about just using a home test for a sanity check and that wouldn’t work because you don’t have a lab report showing the positive. 

So if you test positive with the home test then you’re going to want to go get an official test from like Walgreens or CVS or your doctor so you have documented proof for insurance claim and for Royal Caribbean. 

I did my online with eMed.  It was proctored and accepted for cancellation