Question about ez air refund

LynnSD

We are 40 days from cruising.    I called to ask if I could cancel the ez air reservations, and book myself.  
I was told I could, but the refund would be in some form of credits - future cruise maybe.  

If anyone has experience with this, or advice, I’d appreciate it.  Can I push them after the fact to get my money back?

if not I need to decide if better flights now are worth tiring up my money for who knows how long!  

thank you.  

1 hour ago, LynnSD said:

We are 40 days from cruising.    I called to ask if I could cancel the ez air reservations, and book myself.  
I was told I could, but the refund would be in some form of credits - future cruise maybe.  

If anyone has experience with this, or advice, I’d appreciate it.  Can I push them after the fact to get my money back?

if not I need to decide if better flights now are worth tiring up my money for who knows how long!  

thank you.  

Would you mind explaining why you want to cancel EZAir  at this late time?

It would be surprising you would be able to get better air on your own at this stage and you do know you are subject to EZAir cancellation fees which are probably a few hundred, but get verification.

Your timing seems off a bit as EZAir would have let you make any changes up to 45 before your flight or cruise for free,  whichever is sooner since many opt to fly in a few days early of embarkation.

Have you even priced what flights are available if you want to do on your own now as your last sentence seems to imply you have not.

I have never cancelled EZAir within 45 days, but I recall you do not get refund/cash but future cruise credit to use towards air in the future. If cancelled before 45 days of flight, you would get refund back to credit card used to pay for flights.

You’re right, my timing is definitely the problem.  A combination of travel and a medical issue at the worst possible time put me behind; I should  have figured this out a couple of weeks ago.  

I’m weighing better (but more expensive) flight options against the flights I have, which have more possibility of delay, etc.   

At this point I don’t think I will change anything, but thanks for your response.