GTY cabin

43 minutes ago, Newby58 said:

Hi all, 

I booked a guarantee JS for 4 of us on Ovation. However my booking says a GTY balcony. Should I be worried?

It means you have booked a guaranteed JS type balcony cabin that takes 4 but they will let you know on what deck and position of a cabin rather than you having the choice of picking your own cabin. Personally I prefer to choose my own as some cabins can be in noisy positions and I am a light sleeper. If this bothers you  contact your travel agent or if you booked direct with Royal contact them and then ask them to change it. I believe you would have paid less by booking GTY.  Choosing your cabin is more expensive. It is always better to have decks above and below that only have cabins unless noise is no issue for you. 

Cheers John

Edited by JohnGc

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Usually the junior guarantee just comes under suite guarantee to my knowledge.

You could get any suite but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Yes it is a big might, but like we say any cruise is a good cruise😊

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

I’d be checking with RCI..

I would.  I booked a Gty Interior, and they placed me in one of the Studio Interiors.  If I had known that was a possibility, I would have never booked it.  Lesson learned.

19 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I would.  I booked a Gty Interior, and they placed me in one of the Studio Interiors.  If I had known that was a possibility, I would have never booked it.  Lesson learned.

My Daughter has booked one of the balcony Studio cabins on the Quantum and it looks very nice. She said she would have felt claustrophobic in a studio interior one. I have to admit you do have to get in quick for one of those. Did they charge you for a studio or standard interior ?  Studios do cost less for a solo passenger.

16 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

My Daughter has booked one of the balcony Studio cabins on the Quantum and it looks very nice. She said she would have felt claustrophobic in a studio interior one. I have to admit you do have to get in quick for one of those. Did they charge you for a studio or standard interior ?  Studios do cost less for a solo passenger.

They advertised it as an Interior Gty, and that is the price I paid. I was expecting a standard interior, not a Studio. I never thought it would include a Studio size cabin.  Like I said, lesson learned.

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

They advertised it as an Interior Gty, and that is the price I paid. I was expecting a standard interior, not a Studio. I never thought it would include a Studio size cabin.  Like I said, lesson learned.

Yes I would have felt like you. They should have given you a refund if you paid for a double person interior and ended up with a Studio. Some people don't mind the Gty but I like to pick my own cabin. 

• Like 1

The main thing with guarantee cabins of any class is that you get a cabin in that class or better for a cheaper price. It is a gamble.  If you want to have a particular cabin, select that one and pay for that privilege. We have had numerous gty cabins in different classes and have not been disappointed.