Lines in Florence!

slidergirl

Just in case someone was thinking of not getting advance timed tickets to places in Florence, don’t do it!  I’m in Florence right now.  The lines for the Ufizzi, Academica and Duomo complex are huge,  like all around the building huge.  

B77001FB-6283-4930-8BA8-9FD07E696675.jpeg

CA386E94-7A0D-4B0B-8AA0-2181099431E5.jpeg

880A11C1-2888-43D5-AC32-B94869299252.jpeg

Also,  don't forget that the first Sunday of the month is free admission to museums in Italy so no tickets are sold for that day and the lines are worse.  So, plan ahead if you are going to be there on a first Sunday.  

its' been a number of years, but when we were in Florence, I had purchased timed tickets for the Uffizi but not Academia.  While waiting in a non-moving line in front of the Academia, I noticed a shop across the street selling (current) timed tickets for an extra 5 euros.  Best money I spent in Italy. 

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:45 AM, slidergirl said:

Just in case someone was thinking of not getting advance timed tickets to places in Florence,

😱😱😱

Do we even live in a world where it's worth risking not getting timed tickets for admission? I don't think either the Accadmia or the Uffizi were ever, other than maybe off-season, possible to enter in high season, without reserving in advance, though I guess I'm remembering wrong. Or was it just to see the David?

This summer, with the vast number of folks returning (actually numbers are even exceeding pre-covid levels) to travel, well, I guess not everyone thinks of it because they may not have experienced museums that ever got so full and busy. Timed tickets weren't a thing at museums here where I live (they should have been, try getting near Starry Night on a random Friday at MoMA, pre-covid) but as of now, generally still are. 

Same goes for train seats in Italy (or pretty much anywhere in summer), especially on inter-city trips. 

Looks like Venice! Not sure I've seen images of Florence looking that crowded. But.... happy to hear that you've been in Italy and enjoying the posts. Thanks for sharing updates! 🙂

(Really can't wait to hear about the food experiences!!)

• Like 1