Club Orange Dining?

Calnev1

My wife and I are sailing on the Koningsdam in September.  We are traveling with some other relatives in two separate parties with separate booking codes.  All of us have purchased Club Orange.

Do we need to somehow link our two parties together before sailing to ensure that we can all sit together in the Club Orange dining room?  Or do we just show up at the dining room during dinner hours and they will seat us together?   This will be our first time using Club Orange. 

Edited by Calnev1

We traveled with a group of 6 in June, on Koningdam to Alaska.  We had no trouble showing up for breakfast, or dinner, and getting a table for our group.  However, I do believe that you can speak to the Club Orange  dining room manager and they can reserve a table for your group, as well.

• Like 2

I was with an 11-person group. One of us met up with the manager on embarkation afternoon to request all of us sitting together for dinner. They graciously accommodated our request, and we were able to sit together each night. Their only ask was to let them know 24 hours ahead if we were eating at another place like Pinnacle grill that night. Of course, breakfast was each person/cabin to themselves since we had different waking up times but we never had to wait for a table. I can't say enough good things about the service we got at Club Orange for our cruise, especially our dedicated waiter Raymond. Hope you will enjoy your dining experience there like we did!

29 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

I was with an 11-person group. One of us met up with the manager on embarkation afternoon to request all of us sitting together for dinner. They graciously accommodated our request, and we were able to sit together each night. Their only ask was to let them know 24 hours ahead if we were eating at another place like Pinnacle grill that night. Of course, breakfast was each person/cabin to themselves since we had different waking up times but we never had to wait for a table. I can't say enough good things about the service we got at Club Orange for our cruise, especially our dedicated waiter Raymond. Hope you will enjoy your dining experience there like we did!

Thanks for the info.  All the responses are making me feel good about our Club Orange situation.

We’ve also found the staff to be very accommodating on seating requests. Last time, after we arrived (fairly early) the first evening, I showed the manager exactly the table we liked the most in case it was a possibility, and that became our table for the whole cruise. 

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We’ve also found the staff to be very accommodating on seating requests. Last time, after we arrived (fairly early) the first evening, I showed the manager exactly the table we liked the most in case it was a possibility, and that became our table for the whole cruise. 

That is interesting.  I suppose you had to commit to a particular dining time, or at least a particular time window, right?

7 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

That is interesting.  I suppose you had to commit to a particular dining time, or at least a particular time window, right?

Yes, we told him that we generally ate early and would arrive at approximately six. We would also let them know at breakfast if we had other plans that night.

• Like 1

We are currently on Nieuw Statendam with Club Orange & love it. They don't take reservations and we have had different waiters all who have been wonderful. I love the personal service and a few "extras" on the menu are a bonus. 

Edited by avidtraveler92583
  • Like 2