What hotel did you use in Miami?

Hootsie

We used the holiday inn at miami airport. they picked you up from the airport and brought you to the port of miami the next morning for no extra charge. also we used our entertainment card and it only cost $94/night.

I've researched this and have booked at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, 3400 Byscaine Rd. We are getting in around 8:30 or 9:00 pm. I was able to get it for $77.

This is a decent hotel (Best Western type... not a 4 or 5 star), and it is right across from the Bayside Marketplace with a lot of very good restaurants.

It is also across from the Port, but you will need to take a taxi to your ship ($10).

MIA to the Port is a flat $24. Since the Hotel is a bit closer, expect to pay about the same to your hotel.

There are many nicer hotels, but for the cost and location, this hotel will be hard to beat.

We are looking for a hotel before our Valor cruise. We don't arrive until 11pm on Saturday night (we cruise on Sunday) so we'd like something close to the piers. Any tips?

Hi Hootsie,

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Intercontinental Miami (Downtown) and the Hyatt for my pre and post nights. All are close to Bayside and Port of Miami. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.....I will be on the Valor April 2007:D .

Donna

I pricelined and got Hyatt Downtown. The hotel is great, but the location is not the greatest, meaning there's not much directly around. It's about a 20-30 minute walk to Bayside Marketplace. But Miami has the great free transport system that works well too. However, next time I'm sure I'd do Holiday Inn across from Bayside for the location.

We are now at the HIPOM... cost us 22 and change 26 with tip.. from the airport..

Had a few issues about a smoking room.. if you are a smoker.. beware the bayside rooms are now non-smoking.. I managed to get bayside smoking being a priority member and telling them I booked this room over a year ago.. on the premise of having the view..:rolleyes:

Noise can be heard alot... you can hear the elevators ding.. and our wonderful neighbours arguing and slamming things around:mad:

We are on the 6th floor view is OK.. but not as good as would be had higher up.. as the palm trees are at eye level but we did get to see X sail away this afternoon.

There is a convention here Jews for Jesus.. I think they have alot of the higher floors booked..

We walked down to walgreens not that far a few blocks.. found a liqour store one block up from walgreens.. but on the way back found the liqour store that BettyB2 mentioned in her review.. Will be checking that one out tomorrow.

If you have any questions about this hotel ask I will try to answer.. We will be here until Sunday morning.. then again post stay for a couple days..

Again it is not a 4-5 star.. it is clean.. My SO noted the musty smell .. he said its a damp smell.. Nothing that bothers me tho

Haven't made it to bayside market yet that is tomorrow.. We are going to Bongo's tonite Gloria E's restaurant that you can see from the hotel..

We use the Conrad Hilton...5 minutes to the pier, if that, and you get to see your ship come in, in air conditioned comfort.

It is air conditioned here at the HIPOM as well! Quite chilly in here tonite!

We are booked there before and after our cruise for one night each way. Since nobody has mentioned this hotel I was just wondering if it is close the pier and how it is. If there is shopping area close by and any restaurant recommendations you may have for us. We are traveling with our daughter and son-in-law so we have a suite with two bedrooms. If anyone has any insight into this establishment, and the shopping and restaurants please let us know.

CJ

Let me know where you bought some beer Newf :)

I bought beer yesterday at a liquor store 1 block up from Walgreens.. there is a closer place tho..

When you leave the hotel go right.. the next street go right.. then the next street left..and on the right had side of the street is a placed called Yagno liquor.. It is really only a 2 min walk..:)

We booked at the Airways Airport Inn has free transport to airport and Ship port. Paid less than $100. for Sat. night during Spring break, Don't know about the hotel, except from comments at Trip Adviser, about 50/50 which is the same on some much better known hotels, and very higher priced, but it's for one night and I'm cheap! And i don't have to see the ship arrive, just as long as I'm on it in the morning!

Valor 4-9-2006

I'm booked at the Best Western South Beach. Prices are showing for $62US per night but I booked it with my Airmiles (650 points) so it was , technically, free! Address is: 1050 Washington Drive. Here's the link to the hotel: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=10320#null. I've never stayed there but wanted something cheaper and close to everything. You get a free breakfast with the room as well.

I bought beer yesterday at a liquor store 1 block up from Walgreens.. there is a closer place tho..

When you leave the hotel go right.. the next street go right.. then the next street left..and on the right had side of the street is a placed called Yagno liquor.. It is really only a 2 min walk..:)

Need to correct one thing... When you leave the hotel go right.. it is not the next street but the 2nd street you hit after leaving the hotel go right.. the rest is the same..:)

Archived