Icy Straight Point whale watching

copi2boys

I can’t access shore excursions yet for ISP.  Does anyone who has been there and done the Whales and Wildlife Cruise know what time the trip is?  Or are there multiple excursions throughout the day?  It’s only 2.5 hours and would love to schedule a massage on that day too.  TIA!

If you are asking about an excursion on your specific ship, it may be best to post the question under the cruise line forum (you did not list a ship / cruise line).

I have used Glacier Winds and Hoonah Travel Adventures and would gladly use either again. You should be able to choose a specific time with them, based on what options they have.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:49 AM, copi2boys said:

I can’t access shore excursions yet for ISP.  Does anyone who has been there and done the Whales and Wildlife Cruise know what time the trip is?  Or are there multiple excursions throughout the day?  It’s only 2.5 hours and would love to schedule a massage on that day too.  TIA!

Glacier Winds opened up their 2023 schedule last week. 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:49 AM, copi2boys said:

Are you considering a whale watching excursion booked through your cruise line?  We did B2B Alaska itineraries last September and on one leg we had a ridiculous amount of non-refundable OBC.  To "burn through" some of that NR-OBC we actually booked several ship sponsored shore excursions through the cruise line.  

At ISP we booked a 2.5 hour whale watching trip which was offered several times through the day.  I have no memory of the name of the excursion but wonder if it was comparable to what the OP is mentioning.  That excursion totally ruined any future whale watching trip for us.  We booked the second time slot and on the first trip out the boat found a pod of whales.  We went directly out to that pod and spend ninety (yes -- 90) minutes watching bubble feeding and total breaches (including two whales breaching simultaneously).