Flying from US to Bologna or Venice for Ravenna Cruise?

lonig

Is it better to fly to Bologna or Venice for a cruise leaving out of Ravenna?  I read somewhere that RCI has transfers from both cities to the Port.  Any recommendations for a hotel in Bologna or is it better to get a taxi to Ravenna and stay there?  We are planning on coming in the day before so would go back to the airport to get the RCI transfer.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, slidergirl said:

I was just in Bologna last week.  I’ll highly recommend the Aemelia Hotel.  It’s about a 15 minute walk to the Center.  Nice rooms and fantastic staff.  It is a pretty drive down to Ravenna.  

Hi, did you rent a car and drive yourself from Bologna to Ravenna, or hire a driver? Thanks!

Edited by aislin_raina

14 hours ago, aislin_raina said:

Thanks for replying. You must have rented a car?

Yes, I did.  Last year, it was all through Hertz the 2 times I rented between Italy and France.  I spent a lot of time checking rates and such and Hertz was competitive.  Driving solo, I opt for the next-to-the-lowest car.  I had a manual tranny car up until 5 years ago so I didn't have to worry about paying extra to have an automatic.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I had a manual tranny car up until 5 years ago so I didn't have to worry about paying extra to have an automatic.

Being able to drive stick is a pretty handy skill to have on occasion!  

I cringe when I watch teams struggle on Amazing Race.  😄

Edited by Milhouse
  • Haha 1

We are planning to drive also, but have no information about parking in or near the Port of Ravenna cruise dock. I was told there is no long term parking, which might be a problem with a 10 day cruise. Last time we parked right on the dock in Venice. Where did you park in Ravenna?