Stockholm (as a port stop) - Are taxis readily available to get back to the ship?

I have no experience with Uber, but taxis are readily available in Stockholm - taxis take credit cards and additional tips are not necessary.

Personally I’m only using ‘Taxi Stockholm’, ‘Taxi Kurir’, or ‘Yellow cabs’ in Stockholm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, hallasm said:

I have no experience with Uber, but taxis are readily available in Stockholm - taxis take credit cards and additional tips are not necessary.

Personally I’m only using ‘Taxi Stockholm’, ‘Taxi Kurir’, or ‘Yellow cabs’ in Stockholm.

Thank you!

which port?

Assuming Frihamnen,  Bus 76 or Bus 1 can take you back. (covered by your day pass)

Uber is easily available (especially back to port)  and you will know the cost upfront.

For taxi, apps mentioned above are useful. 

Hailing one from the street or picking one up near tourist area, you have to be very very careful as they are legally allowed to rip you off.

Not a fan of HOHO bus when local transit is so good.

BTW, if you have time, commuter ferry 80 from Nybroplan (which also stops behind ABBA museum nnear Vassa museum) provides a nice 45 minute ride (also covered by your day pass)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We were just in Stockholm last week.  Uber was more economical than the taxis.  From the Frihamnen  port to VASA museum, cab quotes were 20-30 Euro.  Uber was 99-113 SEK (about 11 E).  When we went back to the port we used Uber as well but an actual taxi showed up for the Uber cost (we've never experienced that before).  Each time we waited no more than 5 minutes for the car.