Setting my expectations for the Dawn

falken

I hate to start a new thread as it seems these issues get dug into the ground and I have been reading and searching here for a month now... but...

My wife and I decided to go on our first cruise this year, we are in our late 20's, and always plan our vacations durring our anniversary. I booked the AE penthouse suite.

This may we are flying to NY and sailing on the Dawn on the 7 day Bahamas & Bermuda cruise. We picked this cruise because we heard good things about the Dawn and enjoyed NYC the last time we were there and wanted to stay a few days in Times Square at the end of the cruise.

Finally... enough background information... I get to the question...

I am looking for any information on what to expect and any suggestions on things we should do?

We love to be pampered and want to take full advantage of the butler service and pretty much anything else we can get away with (looking advise on what is reasonable to expect, services we can ask for, VIP treatment we can get). I realize this is the lower end suite so I don't want to expect things I shouldn't/am not able to get, then agian I want to get all that I can. Hope that doesn't sound too bad. :D

Should I call and get the anniversary package? Any tips and tricks when arriving at the pier?

They don't seem to have the shore excusions posted yet but has anyone who has been to those areas have any recommendations/things to avoid?

Sorry for all the questions and information, just excited about our first cruise.

We are both very healthy right now (as far as phsyical activity level, strength, etc. - not activity restricted) but due to a chronic health condition this may be our last chance where we are both in good enough health for a cruise and are looking to make the most of everything.

Thanks for everything!

falken,

First of all, you have selected a great cabin. You can enjoy your balcony at all times. There is no wind. As to the lower penthouse. There are over 1100 cabins on the Dawn and there are ONLY 36 Penthouse Suites. You will feel the difference.

Breakfast, a snack, dinner in your cabin are options. The butler will get what you want! :) Having the Concierge make dinner reservations for any restaurant for you. An invitation to the Captain's VIP Cocktail Party. Priority tender tickets, VIP disembarking (you will be lead off the ship by the Concierge ahead of all the others), Your luggage will be in a separate area with only the VIP's

Chilled champagne in your room on departure and little treats delivered daily.

7 days on one of the cleanest and friendliest ships afloat.

By all means order the Anniversary package, it's a good deal. Dinner in Le Bistro is great and the chocolate fondue is pure heaven.

You can look at the Spirit's excursions on the website. They will probably be the same for the Dawn. Just keep checking back.

We sailed in May on our 30th Anniversary in an AE, 9236 and will be back in it on September 9th

Happy Sailing,

Monty

My wife and I took ower first cruies 1/12/06 on the Dawn. We booked a AD Romance suite thew Costco at a great price. After Joining CC and reading all I can read We called the upsell desk. Next thing I know We were sailing out of NYC In the Garden Villa for 400pp more then AD. So the best advice I can give you is to read and call upsell desk.

You are on one of the best ship Enjoy

P.s Le Bistros is 1/2 price on the first night out

Splurge by going to the specialty restaurants - each one! When you compare to the price of the cruise, it is a bargain. Even though you have access to the concierge, try and make your reservations when you board. You can always change them later. (The concierge may be busy with the high end penthouses that afternoon, so book directly...)

Baitman hit the nail right the head...GREAT CHOICE

Welcome Falken..First let me say dont think because you are in a "lower" penthouse you have to take a back seat to anyone.

Let the concierge make all your dinner reservations..Since this you first cruise , I can guarantee you weill be overwhelmed, in a nice way, by the ship..The last thing you need to be worring about is dinner reservations especially since someone can do it for you....Have lunch, check out your cabin then call the concierge for some dinner suggestions...

For the rest of the trip you can make you reservations on a daily basis. It wouldn't be fair to tie up reservation time if you didn't have to...

The concierge is there to provide service, if you have any questions, just ask.

If Claudio is back you will have the pleasure or dealing one of the BEST.

Try to get to the pier just before boarding starts. Go to the VIP area and let the personnel know that you are in a PENTHOUSE. This way you will be in the first group to board. You might meet the concierge at this time.

If you have never been to Bermuda you might want to consider a Taxi tour....

Archived