Unvaccinated Email for Vaccinated Child

Ggrrl1

I'm traveling with my 5 year old twins on Allure leaving August 20th. I had then vaccinated recently (for the cruise as well as school) and uploaded the documentation yesterday. The app shows it was accepted. Today, I received an email for one child stating I should schedule her unvaccinated antigen test. Normally I would guess that they simply had a list that hadn't been updated but I didn't get an email for her brother.

Should I be concerned and contact RCCL? Logic would dictate that they are vaccinated and their information was accepted and I shouldn't worry about it. However, this is cruising and logic doesn't always apply. I am concerned that at least one of the children is on some unvaccinated list and we may have problems trying to board (I am planning on doing the proctored pre cruise test).

Has anyone had this happen? I know I'm being paranoid but we are so excited for the cruise and it would be horrifying to not be allowed to board.

12 minutes ago, Ggrrl1 said:

I'm traveling with my 5 year old twins on Allure leaving August 20th. I had then vaccinated recently (for the cruise as well as school) and uploaded the documentation yesterday. The app shows it was accepted. Today, I received an email for one child stating I should schedule her unvaccinated antigen test. Normally I would guess that they simply had a list that hadn't been updated but I didn't get an email for her brother.

Should I be concerned and contact RCCL? Logic would dictate that they are vaccinated and their information was accepted and I shouldn't worry about it. However, this is cruising and logic doesn't always apply. I am concerned that at least one of the children is on some unvaccinated list and we may have problems trying to board (I am planning on doing the proctored pre cruise test).

Has anyone had this happen? I know I'm being paranoid but we are so excited for the cruise and it would be horrifying to not be allowed to board.

Ignore it, everyone gets it.

21 minutes ago, Jaedog105 said:

Besides which, aren't the pre cruise antigen tests for unvaccinated kids no longer required as of 8/8?

All unvax still require testing. Also, the supposed new rule about no testing does not apply to Allure which is doing sailings longer than 5 days.

20 hours ago, Biker19 said:

All unvax still require testing. Also, the supposed new rule about no testing does not apply to Allure which is doing sailings longer than 5 days.

Yes, they still require testing, but they do not require boarding day antigen testing at the terminal like they did in the past, which is what the email is asking people to register for.  I just got mine today asking me to register for boarding day antigent testing for my unvaccinated kids and, based on what I'm reading on the Healthy Sail Center, I'm just going to ignore it. (Bold and underline below is mine.)

Starting with August 8, 2022 departures, we will revise our testing requirement for most U.S. sailings:

• • Fully vaccinated guests will only have to show a test result at boarding if the sailing is 6 nights or longer.
  • • Unvaccinated children will still need to show a test result to board all sailings, regardless of length. However, they will not need to test again at the terminal.
  • • Guests will now have the same test standard, regardless of vaccination status: You can show a negative test result from a supervised PCR or antigen test taken within the 3 days before your boarding day. Learn more.
  • • This revision does not apply to guests whose itinerary visits Canada or Bermuda. They will still need to follow our current testing protocols until further notice.

I got the email today as well for our upcoming cruise (for our two vaccinated children), and so did our friends who are traveling with their kids. We checked in weeks ago and the vaccination cards were accepted within the app, so RCCL should definitely know they're vaccinated by now! It's silly that it's happening for everyone...I may call RCCL just to have full peace of mind.

5 minutes ago, Candichic1 said:

I got the email today as well for our upcoming cruise (for our two vaccinated children), and so did our friends who are traveling with their kids. We checked in weeks ago and the vaccination cards were accepted within the app, so RCCL should definitely know they're vaccinated by now! It's silly that it's happening for everyone...I may call RCCL just to have full peace of mind.

The body of the email itself implies that you should ignore it if the person is vaccinated but, regardless, boarding day Antigen testing was eliminated for unvaccinated children in the new policy. I think this is a case of a long-ago written and automatically-scheduled email going out, despite the fact that it is no longer applicable.

Looks like we may be on the same sailing, btw. Have a great cruise!

34 minutes ago, Jaedog105 said:

The body of the email itself implies that you should ignore it if the person is vaccinated but, regardless, boarding day Antigen testing was eliminated for unvaccinated children in the new policy. I think this is a case of a long-ago written and automatically-scheduled email going out, despite the fact that it is no longer applicable.

Looks like we may be on the same sailing, btw. Have a great cruise!

Yep RCCL said they are automated emails that go out to everyone and they can't stop it (which I find amusing).

Yes! We are counting down the days! 🙂

1 hour ago, Candichic1 said:

I’ve called three times in the past week. I’m absolutely sure none of the reps know what they’re talking about.😧

• Like 1