Premium plus drink package

smyemar

I am a newbie to Norwegian and am platinum on Carnival and used to their drink package.  We have booked our first cruise on the breakaway next September and wondering if you can inform me as to rules and regulations with Norwegian.  With Carnival there is a 15 drink limit does that apply to NCL as well?  We plan on upgrading to the plus package so would that include all beverages under $15 including Starbucks beverages and vitamin waters etc?  Anything else I should know?

Thanks 🙂

You can drink as much as you like. On my last cruise, there were days that I had more than 15 drinks/day (when bartender wants you to try a new shot for every drink you have, it quickly adds up)

With the plus package you also get water and Starbucks

• Like 1

Because you are new to NCL, you might have missed the Terms and Conditions (easy to miss ...at the bottom of page).  I urge you to read it for making best choices.  I hope this info is helpful to you!

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

* Main points:

No limit to number of drinks, nor dollar amount, on the Free at Sea Plus. 

Also, take note of the Free at Sea PLUS package (newly available), which "might" make sense for you if you would be booking Shore Excursion through NCL, if you would be wanting to upgrade to Unlimited internet, if you want more Specialty Dining, in addition to the Plus Beverage Package.

*** DO take note:

Only available to first 2 passengers per stateroom (must be 21)!

The selection of included bottles of wine might vary from cruise to cruise.

(currently) Supply chain issues can affect availability of selections of alcohol choices.

• Like 1

Read this on the bottom of the thread posted on Terms and Conditions.

Looked up the Barrel price.  It's over $92 a barrel...  Do you think we will be charged?  We are sailing out of Rome in 7 days...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65.00 USD per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 USD per passenger per day. Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2022 NCL Corporation Ltd

1 hour ago, jkrelph said:

Looked up the Barrel price.  It's over $92 a barrel...  Do you think we will be charged?  We are sailing out of Rome in 7 days...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65.00 USD per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 USD per passenger per day. Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2022 NCL Corporation Ltd

They have been in a position where they could charge a supplement for months, but haven’t done it yet.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:55 AM, smyemar said:

We plan on upgrading to the plus package so would that include all beverages under $15 including Starbucks beverages and vitamin waters etc?  Anything else I should know?

You get a better selection of wines by the glass.  The FAS included "premium" package had very limited selections of wine-by-the-glass last December.

8 hours ago, jkrelph said:

I sailed last week and was not charged.  In fact, I don't ever recall ever being surcharged due to fuel charges.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, phillygwm said:

I sailed last week and was not charged.  In fact, I don't ever recall ever being surcharged due to fuel charges.

I suspect this will be an industry-wide event, if it ever occurs.  Once one line decides to charge it, they all will. It is pretty much a standard clause in all cruise contracts. 

• Thanks 1