Labadee cabanas??

colesc15

Trying to figure out if we want to book one. The cruise is in January. We have the ability to book a barefoot beach overwater cabana through the planner, but I'm confused why since we aren't in a suite and i thought that was designated for suites and pinnacles?? 

Also, I can't figure out the difference in location for overwater cabana and "waterfront cabanas" at Nellie's Beach?? Price difference is $300 cheaper than the overwater at barefoot or Nellie's. 

We had a cabana at Barefoot Beach several years ago (7?).  It was nice, we were back a little ways, not right on the water.  The service and food were great.  The location was perfect and we really enjoyed it.  That said, we had a strange situation on the ship that led to us getting the cabana at a very reduced rate so it made it that much more enjoyable.  I wouldn't do an over the water cabana, unless something has changed there recently.  They're high up on a cliff and there isn't a beach there.  So you are either in the cabana or in the water.  We also got a cabana at Columbus Cove once when we had our kids with us.  It was really nice.  They don't have the fancy food like at Barefoot Beach, but they do rope off a portion of the beach to keep it private and you do have an attendant there.  I think those cabanas were the better value for the money spent.  That's my opinion, I hope it helps.  I was actually looking on these boards to see if anything has changed recently at Labadee because we haven't been post covid and we're going next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hilltop cabanas are what they sound like -- they're on a hill, no direct access to water.  You have to walk down the hill along the path to get to the beach to enter the water.

Over the water cabanas have stairs down to the water directly below (often one set of stairs will be shared by two adjacent cabanas, but the general public doesn't have access to the staircase), with a ladder to get in/out of the water at the bottom (careful, the ladder gets slimy/slippery in the water).  

Waterfront cabanas are directly on the beach, with all the other passengers walking by.  You have direct access to the water via the sand, but no "private" (or semi-private) access to the water like the over the water cabanas with the private stairs.  There is no feeling of privacy in a waterfront cabana -- they're not off away from the public like the hilltop and over the water ones are -- they're just plopped right on the beach itself.