Silhouette to the Med from Southampton in Retreat. My experience.

sollyman

Thank you for all of this info. We are in 2134, an accessible sky suite. Hubby uses a wheelchair full time due to advanced Multiple Sclerosis. I am so excited to try out the Retreat experience. Our last suite was on the Century (!) in 2008, and although the cabin and our butler Jude were amazing, the rest of the shipboard experience was nothing special. For many cruises after that, we chose Blu because it seemed a more special experience than we had in our Sky Suites. 

We look forward to experiencing the Retreat offering!

GrbLizz

There were many people on board in wheelchairs and they were always treated with respect.

The only concern i would have with your cabin is the possibilty of noise from the OVC above. It depends on where exactly you are, i have not looked yet. We stayed in an S2 in 2023 once. Whilst there was some overhead noise it was not intrusive. Have you checked out the spreadsheet that shows comments on your cabin. Its a sticky at the top of the board. I appreciate needing an adapted cabin really cuts down your options. Whatever, go and enjoy yourselves, i am sure you will.  

GRBlizz

I have just checked the deckplan and i think your cabin is probably under a carpeted seating area. Others will probably know better. If the next cabin nearer the aft is, or becomes, available id say witch to that. Nearer the aft the better to avoid OVC nosie id say.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, sollyman said:

Strangely after the first couple of days when the shows were at 7:00 and 9:00 they were swtiched to 8:30 and 10:30.

The switch was on the second night due to the Lionesses final being shown in the theatre. 
The time remained at 8.30 &10.30.

We went to the 8.30 show, just made sure we went to our evening meal slightly earlier, which we could do as we were on Select dining.