New to Celebrity- A few questions

tonit964

On 8/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Yes you can upgrade on board..very easy.  I think it is now a total of $18 per day, gratuities included in that figure.  Once booked you can also call Celebrity and they will upgrade over the phone. 

The Wife and I always upgrade on board at the Sunset Bar,..the bartenders-servers get a cut of the upgrade, and they will not forget it. 

Is coffee at Cafe Al Bacio included in the Classic package or only with the premium package?

This will be my first celebrity cruise, and I'm also a bit curious about the bar menu.  After cruising Norwegian for so long, I know I can get decent spirits on their 'classic' package and never have upgraded. 

I tried searching for menus/cocktail lists to figure out what's current but got very confused.  

I'm a whisk(e)y drinker. Old fashioneds, mint juleps, boulevariders, vieux Carre etc...

Or like to enjoy a post dinner dram straight up and neat. 

I know my bourbon, scotch and rye, I also know that there are very good and drinkable options at the lower price points.  

What whiskys come with the classic?  

How much is the upcharge to premium? And if I want a premium drink do I just pay the difference over $9?

2 hours ago, jules181 said:

This will be my first celebrity cruise, and I'm also a bit curious about the bar menu.  After cruising Norwegian for so long, I know I can get decent spirits on their 'classic' package and never have upgraded. 

I tried searching for menus/cocktail lists to figure out what's current but got very confused.  

I'm a whisk(e)y drinker. Old fashioneds, mint juleps, boulevariders, vieux Carre etc...

Or like to enjoy a post dinner dram straight up and neat. 

I know my bourbon, scotch and rye, I also know that there are very good and drinkable options at the lower price points.  

What whiskys come with the classic?  

How much is the upcharge to premium? And if I want a premium drink do I just pay the difference over $9?

If you want a drink that is above the Classic you will be charged the difference + 18% of the difference. We never upgrade because we don't drink enough drinks daily to warrant the daily upgrade cost. You can easily just use your package for several days to see how you fare and upgrade if you feel that it's worth it to you for the remaining days.