Ravenna to Venice airport transfer

Treasure Hunter

On 10/17/2022 at 4:36 AM, Mim Lloyd said:

Good to know, thank you! What about when leaving the ship to return to Venice Airport? Are you given details on what time to depart the ship and where to meet your shuttle?

Toward the end of your cruise you will receive paperwork inviting you to submit your airline departure times. You will then be allocated a shuttle time from Ravenna in order to link with your flight from Venice. The shuttles started from 7am and went through till about 10:30am. There appeared to be lots of buses in use and they all left from right outside the cruise dock and arrived at Venice airport approx two hours later. There were also shuttles going in to the city of Venice for those not requiring the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

Toward the end of your cruise you will receive paperwork inviting you to submit your airline departure times. You will then be allocated a shuttle time from Ravenna in order to link with your flight from Venice. The shuttles started from 7am and went through till about 10:30am. There appeared to be lots of buses in use and they all left from right outside the cruise dock and arrived at Venice airport approx two hours later. There were also shuttles going in to the city of Venice for those not requiring the airport.

Hi, when did you experience the above? We are going in May 2023 and hope there will still be shuttles. Also, how much for the shuttle?

On 10/20/2022 at 10:04 AM, fmack said:

Hi, when did you experience the above? We are going in May 2023 and hope there will still be shuttles. Also, how much for the shuttle?

We were on B2B cruises out of Ravenna in September. I imagine there will be shuttles for as long as RCI continue to cruise out of Ravenna. From memory the shuttle cost approx $25 USD in each direction.

1 hour ago, Suezq52 said:

Are these shuttles for RCI only?  We are cruising with Celebrity and can't get any answers about transportation from the Port to Venice (Marco Polo) airport.

Celebrity doesn't seem to advertise their transfers in advance, but I just got off a BTB on Constellation. Our first cruise ended in Ravenna. They offered transfers to both Marco Polo airport and to the Tronchetto transportation/bus/parking area from which you can take the People Mover into Venice proper.

I thought I took a screenshot of the page, but apparently I only took the one with the Rome transfers (end of second cruise).  The Venice transfers seemed fairly reasonably priced though (in the $50 to $60-something range for a nearly 3-hour trip IIRC).

56 minutes ago, Suezq52 said:

How did you find out about the transfers to the airport.....When you were on the ship, thru Celebrity before you boarded, thru your travel agent, etc.  Any help is appreciated.

The info was listed in the Celebrity daily for the return transfers.

I read about pre-cruise transfers here on CC -- I needed one from Venice (city) to Ravenna, and my travel agent was able to call Celebrity and book it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, sapphireblue said:

We just returned from Venice and used a private transfer service from Ravenna to Venice. We were picked up by Daytrip at 8am and in Venice by 10am. Their vans hold up to 7 people. Great service. 

Hi! Did you use the same company to Ravenna? 

We arrived in Ravenna on a cruise , so only needed Daytrip to Venice. 

Daytrip does do transfers from Venice to Ravenna. Our ride arrived early, before 8:00am, in the morning with a passenger from Venice.

It must’ve been a very early for that passenger as it’s about a 2 hour drive. 

On 10/16/2022 at 3:21 AM, NeilonBoard said:

We have just returned from B2B cruises from Ravenna on RCI. There were plenty of shuttle buses to Ravenna from Venice airport departing at approx 45 minute intervals. Just look for the RCI ground staff at arrivals.

We also booked a B2B put starting in Ravenna and ending in Barcelona.  Just curious, if you fly in a day or so before and would like to see Venice, do you have to make your way back to the airport for shuttles

7 hours ago, jonsmom said:

We also booked a B2B put starting in Ravenna and ending in Barcelona.  Just curious, if you fly in a day or so before and would like to see Venice, do you have to make your way back to the airport for shuttles

I believe cruise shuttles to Ravenna are also available from one of the large public squares in Venice. (don't know which one) We opted to stay in an airport hotel to be close to our shuttle and used the very convenient and cheap local bus service to venture in to Venice for day trips.

5 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

I believe cruise shuttles to Ravenna are also available from one of the large public squares in Venice. (don't know which one) We opted to stay in an airport hotel to be close to our shuttle and used the very convenient and cheap local bus service to venture in to Venice for day trips.

That's a great idea - I didn't think of staying in an airport hotel.  Brilliant and thank you

9 hours ago, jonsmom said:

That's a great idea - I didn't think of staying in an airport hotel.  Brilliant and thank you

If it's any assistance we stayed at the Best Western Airport which is about two kilometres from the airport. The hotel is quite acceptable with very little facilities but does provide a basic breakfast. Taxis charge the minimum fee from the airport which is about 20 euros. The hotel provides a shuttle to the airport but it was no cheaper than a taxi and was booked out in advance. There is not much to see and do around the hotel but there are a couple of very good restaurants within walking distance. The local bus in to Venice passes right in front of the hotel and tickets are available from reception.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most cruise lines will offer transfer between Marco Polo Airport in Venice to the cruise port in Ravenna. Norwegian Cruise Line offers it for their cruisers on morning of embarkation for $50 pp. You should call your cruise line to inquire. A private transfer between Venice to Ravenna will cost over 500 Euro!!!   

😮😮

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if RCI or Celebrity or a private company offer service from Bologna to Ravenna the morning of the cruise? Our cruise leaves from Ravenna in June. We have been to Venice and would really like to visit Bologna pre-cruise. I have also read that the Bologna airport is closer than the Venice airport  to the port. Thanks for any suggestions.

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, sapphireblue said:

We just returned from Venice and used a private transfer service from Ravenna to Venice. We were picked up by Daytrip at 8am and in Venice by 10am. Their vans hold up to 7 people. Great service. 

Hi, where do I find information on this private transfer that you used? Thank you!

Just now, GenericBob said:

Hi, where do I find information on this private transfer that you used? Thank you!

p.s. What time was your flight out of VCE on the same day? What time did the private transfer get you to VCE airport? Thank you!