November in Nassau , fun kid activities

gizbug

Pirate musuem off Bay St. was nice. (I think its Pirates of Nassau)

Ardastra Gardens zoo was very interactive, with many animals much closer than US zoos. (Flamingo show and Lorry Parrot feedings were especially fun.)

Not big like San Diego or major US city zoo, but fun.

• Like 1

We did Ardastra Gardens zoo with our kids and grandkids.  It was a perfect day.  We would never have gone here if I hadn’t have searched out something for kids.  The flamingo show was hilarious!  The bird area and the other animals were fun.  I agree not like a major US city zoo but perfect for a fun family day while visiting Nassau on a cruise.  

Edited by bandtaxi

On 8/22/2022 at 12:52 PM, bandtaxi said:

We did Ardastra Gardens zoo with our kids and grandkids.  It was a perfect day.  We would never have gone here if I hadn’t have searched out something for kids.  The flamingo show was hilarious!  The bird area and the other animals were fun.  I agree not like a major US city zoo but perfect for a fun family day while visiting Nassau on a cruise.  

Was that zoo booked through cruise or on your own?

9 hours ago, gizbug said:

Was that zoo booked through cruise or on your own?

Just took a cab on our own.

Pretty short ride.

Did it before Covid though so not sure about how much it has eased up on the rules recently.

Another vote for Ardastra Gardens Zoo!  You might want to check their hours of operation before going.  Definitely do it on your own, not through the cruise ship excursions. 

https://ardastra.com/

But I would not recommend walking.  Although my family did walk there (with my youngest a toddler in an umbrella stroller at the time), we got a taxi when leaving and would get a taxi both ways next time.  The neighbourhood just outside of the zoo's entrance had a slightly sketchy feeling.  This was several years ago, and it may be very different now.  But a taxi is cheap and quick.

Ardastra Gardens was even better than I expected, and I had done my research.🙂

• Like 1

Nassau Map

The Nassau map above shows our walking (and, on the way back, taxi) route on the day we walked to Ardastra Gardens.  I'm sorry, I can't remember how long the walk took, and we stopped along the way at a couple spots.

The points labeled:

A  - Cruise Port Terminal

B  - The Straw Market

C  - Junkanoo Beach  

D  - The Fish Fry

E  - Ardastra Gardens Zoo

• Like 1