Reflection Concierge Class: Differences in stateroom and balcony sizes?

Gatrcruzer

Hi experienced Celebrity cruisers,

We are looking at booking Concierge Class on Reflection, but in trying to choose a stateroom, it appears that the stateroom sizes seem to really vary across deck and location. I can't tell how accurate the plans are as far as scale, though. I did a search of the forum and looked at the stateroom report form, but it is still hard to tell which rooms are larger or have larger balconies. I saw that on another Celebrity ship the angled staterooms have larger balconies - is that true on Reflection? It also appears that some of the staterooms are shorter in length, but not sure if that is correct or if it is simply that plan drawings are not to scale. Any insight or advice regarding most desirable Concierge staterooms would be appreciated. We would be open to an aft balcony, but the priority is for a larger stateroom and/or balcony. Thanks so much.

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The cabins are all the same size and identical to a veranda. A few may have larger balconies but the largest balconies ( non suites) are the 1As on the slant of the hump but they aren’t Concierge cabins.

Thank you so much. On the plan, it appears that the aft veranda concierge level staterooms are shorter, but you are saying they are the exact same size as the other staterooms? It also appears, for example, that room 2170 is larger than 2172, and 2166 appears larger than 2164 on the plan. However, this is just an inconsistency in the plan and they are all in fact the exact same size? I was just wondering if there were any that were any staterooms that are a little larger and/or had larger balconies; alternatively if there are any to avoid because they are smaller than normal.

Like I said the cabins are all the same size.  1A veranda have larger balconies.  The Concierge cabins on deck 9 on the slant like 9292 have larger balconies.  But regardless of balcony size veranda, Concierge and Aqua cabins are all the same size. 

You can go to the free public site www.cruisedeckplans.com. It has all the major cruise lines and ships. 
Select Celebrity Reflection. You will see stars that indicate the concierge cabins with the largest balconies. The cabin size is the same. Generally the  cabins on the slant of the hump forward and aft of the hump itself are the largest. The 1st and 3rd being the largest.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

You can go to the free public site www.cruisedeckplans.com. It has all the major cruise lines and ships. 
Select Celebrity Reflection. You will see stars that indicate the concierge cabins with the largest balconies. The cabin size is the same. Generally the  cabins on the slant of the hump forward and aft of the hump itself are the largest. The 1st and 3rd being the largest.

Thank you - this is helpful!

2 hours ago, Gatrcruzer said:

Thank you - this is helpful!

I use the site whenever I'm choosing a cabin. It also has a feature that allows you to drag and drop one deck onto another so you can see what's above/below you. It's been a very valuable resource.

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

If you go to the above site, you can select the button labeled "Starts April 23, 2023" in order to see how rooms are to be recategorized.  After that date, certain rooms will be category C1 even though they are in an area of the ship where the surrounding cabins are C2.  Those rooms have larger verandas.  Examples are rooms 9374, 9399, 1210 and 1403. However, the veranda sizes do not vary all that much on Solstice class ships.  By comparison, there are much bigger differences in veranda sizes on Millennium class ships.  For example, the four C1 staterooms on deck 6 of the M-class ships have huge verandas. Those four rooms will be recategorized as UC (Ultra Deluxe Concierge Class) next April 23 but, until then, they are still priced the same as as the C1s on deck 8, which have normal size verandas.

Edited by actuarian
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, actuarian said:

If you go to the above site, you can select the button labeled "Starts April 23, 2023" in order to see how rooms are to be recategorized.  After that date, certain rooms will be category C1 even though they are in an area of the ship where the surrounding cabins are C2.  Those rooms have larger verandas.  Examples are rooms 9374, 9399, 1210 and 1403. However, the veranda sizes do not vary all that much on Solstice class ships.  By comparison, there are much bigger differences in veranda sizes on Millennium class ships.  For example, the four C1 staterooms on deck 6 of the M-class ships have huge verandas. Those four rooms will be recategorized as UC (Ultra Deluxe Concierge Class) next April 23 but, until then, they are still priced the same as as the C1s on deck 8, which have normal size verandas.

Thank you so much. We are actually looking at a December, 2022 sailing, but definitely good to consider that categories are shifting for future sailings  - I'm guessing after the refurbishment?

2 hours ago, Gatrcruzer said:

Thank you so much. We are actually looking at a December, 2022 sailing, but definitely good to consider that categories are shifting for future sailings  - I'm guessing after the refurbishment?

Celebrity is recategorizing rooms on all of its ships next April; that is unrelated to the drydock, which will be in January for the Reflection. The 4 rooms that I mentioned in my previous post (9374, etc.) that are being recategorized from C2 to C1 next April 23 are rooms that already have slightly larger verandas but that are right now being offered at the C2 price. No verandas will change size during the drydock. However, there are no concierge class rooms on S-class ships with huge verandas like some concierge class rooms on M-class ships have.  

7 hours ago, actuarian said:

The four balcony cabins on the S-class ships on the slant off the hump (forward and aft) are much larger than than regular balconies. Here is a photo of the largest (1st) of those balconies. 

1934312994_largebalcony.thumb.jpg.a981279c17e8dcf39a1fd188d1cda5d9.jpg

Sorry it's so dark but I think you can see the size.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, actuarian said:

Celebrity is recategorizing rooms on all of its ships next April; that is unrelated to the drydock, which will be in January for the Reflection.

Dry dock scheduled for the last two weeks of October 2022, just prior to the WB trans-Atlantic.  Reflection will be sailing all of January 2023.  You may be looking at some old schedule for the Revolution of Reflection.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

The four balcony cabins on the S-class ships on the slant off the hump (forward and aft) are much larger than than regular balconies. Here is a photo of the largest (1st) of those balconies. 

1934312994_largebalcony.thumb.jpg.a981279c17e8dcf39a1fd188d1cda5d9.jpg

Sorry it's so dark but I think you can see the size.

Thank you so much - this is exactly what I was hoping to find out!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Dry dock scheduled for the last two weeks of October 2022, just prior to the WB trans-Atlantic.  Reflection will be sailing all of January 2023.  You may be looking at some old schedule for the Revolution of Reflection.

I appreciate that information! Thank you.